backup/extract RedNAND?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Panic.exe, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Panic.exe
    OP

Panic.exe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2015
    United States
    o3ds on older(rednand) method of A9lh+luma3d

Okay, so I have an issue which I assume is caused by an incompatibility with rednand. Last night I bought a game off the eshop and decided to keep a backup in case I ever needed to restore it for some reason. I booted into Decrypt9 as one does and discovered that It doesn't want to dump my EmuNAND titles because an EmuNAND can't be found. I then tried to back up my RedNAND to a bin with emunand tool so I could use redtools to covert my rednand to emunand but emunand tool is also telling me it cannot find an emunand (Of course). I have a crapload of games installed that would take an eternity to redownload/install otherwise I would just have d9 format the sd to an emunand is there another tool out there that will back up redNAND?

Last edited by Panic.exe, Jul 13, 2016
  2. TheLegendofMario

TheLegendofMario GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2016
    United States
    not enough info, not that you can even say there is any

3. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Chances are you dont have an emunand, just sysnand.

4. Panic.exe
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2015
    United States
    I'm using RedNAND.. which is similar. I can dump sysNAND titles fine just not my redNAND titles because decrypt9 can't see it.

5. vb_encryption_vb

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Use emunand9, has to be launched via sysnand homebrew.

6. Panic.exe
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2015
    United States
    I can't run Emu9 in sysnand because luma+a9lh breaks launching it through hbmu (red screen crash). tried booting as a payload and it worked but when trying covert RedNAND ~~> EmuNAD I get an error. "No EmuNAND on this SD, nothing to do. Convert RedNAND -> EmuNAND: Failed!" Can't help but feel I'm over looking a simply solution to this..

7. vb_encryption_vb

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Than i go back to my original statement. I dont think you have emunand or rednand for that matter. During arm9 install, you flash emunand_original.bin over sysnand, than format with no emunand...

Or there is a big misunderstanding some where.

8. Panic.exe
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2015
    United States
    God damn.. I feel like an idiot. For some reason I thought A9LH needed a special partition containing certain files to boot. Just booted with another sd... -__- anyway.. hmm well that's odd. I wonder why D9 didn't/wouldn't dump the title keys to all my games then? It only dumped like 8 game titlekeys so I was assuming it was because I had rednand or something. any idea?

*Edit*
    Nevermind got it sorted out, thanks for the help.