Backing up system titles? Moving installed cias to different setup

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheGlow, Jan 31, 2016.

1. TheGlow
    OP

TheGlow GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    Da Bronx
    Long story short I have 2 systems, 2ds and N3ds and I have the eshop error 022-2634 error.
    Now for reasons unknown these 2 systems just aren't following the script. I formatted the sysnand and unlinked them and the NNID shows in Emunand, but we still get this error. I have system formatted, tinyformatted, etc several times the Emunand and get different responses. After the format I can log into the NNID and eshop works fine. Once I restore the emunand.bin I get the eshop error again. Ive noticed after the emunand format it will either create another folder in Nintendo 3DS/ for the emunand or it will go and use the sysnand and link them again.
    I even did this on a spare SD card. the new card allows eshop fine. Put the full one in and get the error again.
    To confirm I'm not doing something wrong I took my 2DS and tiny formatted emunand, logged into NNID, confirmed /Nintendo 3DS/ didnt change or link with sysnand. Restored emunand and was fine. First try, less than 10 mins. The other 2 I have over 5 hours in of troubleshooting it.
    So it seems the best bet is to go from this clean working install and rebuild the profile.
    For gamesaves I assume I can just do savedatafiler and dump everything and restore it on the new card/setup. My horror is the cia game installs. This will be over 3-4 hours. I believe the System title information is where this is stored. How can I back that up and import it into the new? I'm guessing just moving/renaming the Nintendo 3DS/emunand folder contents to the new emunand one should save hours, but its the system title i believe that is where the emunand knows what should be present.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice