Backing up Protected saves without the disc

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Phylos, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Phylos
    OP

Phylos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2008
    United States
    Is there any utilities out there that will backup protected saves without using the original disc tried using a backup of Animal crossing and the save extractor, but it fails. Are there any other ways to extract the protected saves? I also want to backup my Smash Bros. Brawl save, but my brother has my disc currently (want to give him a copy of the save since he helped unlock some of the characters.) I don't have a backup of Brawl to even attempt with. Any help will be appreciated. I want to free up space on my Wii and backup the saves for the games I'm not playing right now.

Thanks in advanced!

-=Phylos=-

2. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Nov 1, 2007
    the land of lol
    Gecko OS [​IMG]

3. Phylos
    OP

Phylos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2008
    United States
    How do I use it to backup the save? I got it, but it looks just like the backup launchers.
    Sorry for seeming noobish, but everyone has to start somewhere and I know nothing about this bit.

-=Phylos=-

4. picano

picano GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2008
    United States
    Nebraska
    Rebooter + "Remove no Copy flag" in options

5. Phylos
    OP

Phylos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2008
    United States
    Thank you very much guys! One thing I decided to check was if this was included in Wii Gator's Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma and it is! Testing now....

Unfortunately, This doesn't help me with Brawl until I get it back from my brother [​IMG]

EDIT
    Didn't Work.

I need a solution that will work with a soft modded Wii. Tried the gamma, but the no copy flag was still there.

-=Phylos=-

6. picano

picano GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2008
    United States
    Nebraska
    Eh?

Pretty sure I backed up my Brawl save via the gecko method. Unless, you are referring to something else.

7. Phylos
    OP

Phylos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2008
    United States
    My brother lives in another town and so I won't be able to try it until I get it back from him. Tried doing those steps with gamma and a backup of animal crossing, but the no copy flag was still present.

-=Phylos=-

8. Phylos
    OP

Phylos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2008
    United States
    Found another tutorial here
    Following the steps in the first post on that page did the trick. Sorry to Picano, I didn't understand all that you were saying. Yes, this will allow me to backup my Brawl without having the disc.

Again guys, thanks for all the help!

-=Phylos=-

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice