Backing up GBA retail saves

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by rboutin2, Feb 11, 2010.

Feb 11, 2010
  1. rboutin2
    OP

Newcomer rboutin2 Newbie

United States
    I have a NDSL with Acekard 2i and EZ flash 3n1. I have been trying to figure out how to backup my g/f's pokemon leafgreen game save so she can play her file from the rom on my EZ flash. However, I loaded rudolphs GBA tool, and it wont back it up. It doesnt load the game. I popped in mario advance 2 super mario world, and got my save off and it works perfect. How come the pokemon save didnt work? I would appreciate some step by step destructions to get this fixed. Thankz to all in advance!

2. dnniwa485

Member dnniwa485 GBAtemp Fan

use GBA Backup Tool to dump you save file... (its raw btw) then convert that save so it can used by flashcart or emulators

3. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    lol at "step by step destructions" XD

anyways, yeah, you can use GBA Backup Tool to rip saves off of retail carts and also insert saves into them as well. I did this with the Emerald save from back when I used to play it on my mobile phone (they have emulators for the GBA on phones), and i used this to insert the save into the cart i bought.