Back to original switch, removing mod

MagicJek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I got a switch as a gift in 2019, modded.
In a folder on pc I have a back of the original nand (boot0.bin boo1.bin and full.bin for about 29 gigs)
I would like to restore the console as original, could you tell me what are the steps? Thanks!

btw i think the original backup has an older firmware than what the switch now mounts

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can reinject your backup on your sysMMC, with Hekate. (files must be on backup\8 digit of your ID\restore)

then you will have to use Hekate again as the main bootloader, at least ONE time, to launch original Horizon OS (*), because your burnt fuses will probably be higher that the version of your OS on the backup (the original bootloader would panic and refuse to launch anything). You can check the number of efuses burnt, to see if you'll temporary need Hekate as the main bootloader.

(*) you need this entry in Hekate_ipl.ini
Code:
[Original]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

Finally, update online so your burnt efuses match Horizon OS version (16.0.2 → 18 efuses burnt).

Done.

ps : I made this some time ago on my V1 day one Switch, in order to clean anything in the sysMMC and make a proper emuMMC. Worked like a charm.

Last edited by Badablek,

MagicJek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am a bit doubtful on the point, I will however follow your directions in case I opt to go back "to the original"
thanks!

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
doubtful on what ?

you can make a full backup BEFORE doing anything, and revert back to the previous state if needed or if something goes wrong. What else do you need ?

the only "stressful" part is after reinjecting an old backup (and so, an old firmware), if efuses do not match, your switch won't be able to boot with the original bootloader, but will be pleased to use hekate to launch original HOS. And after updating officially, your efuses and firmware will be synchronized again...

nothing above the skill of anybody.

Reactions: MagicJek

MagicJek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
doubtful on what ?

you can make a full backup BEFORE doing anything, and revert back to the previous state if needed or if something goes wrong. What else do you need ?

the only "stressful" part is after reinjecting an old backup (and so, an old firmware), if efuses do not match, your switch won't be able to boot with the original bootloader, but will be pleased to use hekate to launch original HOS. And after updating officially, your efuses and firmware will be synchronized again...

nothing above the skill of anybody.

I am doubtful in two respects:

1 - whether to go back to the clean version of the console, although I am very puzzled by the fact that I have to be necessarily connected to the internet to run the games on the console (the one bought via nintendo eshop)

2 - but on the other hand, it scares me a bit to update the console to the latest firmware, and then have more difficulty "going back" to the original if I wanted to do so tomorrow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4