Hacking Back to 11.2 from 11.3 ?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i can buy 2nd sky3ds+ orange with 10-15$ but i research and it have 2 button < > , u need remember order of games lel
I feel like it would make more sense to just install your games directly onto the system through either CIAs or freeShop/CIAngel. You are really jumping through a lot of hoops to keep this cart running for a feature that basically already exist through CFWs.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
extranullbyte ? no i dont see
Don't use extranullbyte. That dude has no idea what he's talking about and is a paranoid menuhax fan.
Trust me, him and I have butt heads multiple times in the past.

Reactions: jimmyj

warriosbest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
With CFW today you don't need flashcarts, and installing CIAs is fairly quick nowadays, only usually taking a few minutes at the most.
install take a lot of time, install overnight lel
I feel like it would make more sense to just install your games directly onto the system through either CIAs or freeShop/CIAngel. You are really jumping through a lot of hoops to keep this cart running for a feature that basically already exist through CFWs.
thank for help, i think i will give up lel (edit: 80% so i think no, i will keep trying lel) ....wasted alot of time....actually full 64gb games in gw, i only play 1 or even 0 GAME zzz

Last edited by warriosbest,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install take a lot of time, install overnight lel

thank for help, i think i will give up lel....wasted alot of time....actually full 64gb games in gw, i only play 1 or even 0 GAME zzz
No, installation doesn't take that long. You already have CFW, it may take overnight to install MULTIPLE HUGE GAMES but just don't. Just use Freeshop, CIAngel or FBI. Trust me, it doesn't take nearly as long as you're claiming it does. Plus you can always convert .3ds files into .cia.

Reactions: jimmyj

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
create emunand from gateway, now all apps/games is gone even when i copy microSD to my pc and copy back (41GB)
So boot your DS into sysnand with Luma and check to see if your titles appear. If they don't then go to system settings and check the 3DS software. If your games appear greyed out with a red X it means you're missing the tickets. Just use tikshop to reinstall them if that's the case. Also your games are encrypted to be used with one console (it's so you can't just take the N3DS folder and copy it to another SD card to get games) so if you formatted the DS with the SD card inside, your console created a new encrypted folder so the one you backed up is no longer valid.

Also, I don't see how this thread became three pages.... It's a simple operation to create and Emunand and downgrade it, takes all of 30 minutes. Would have saved you a lot of trouble just to use 3DNUS to download the firmware pack for your console/region then install it as an update pack with sysupdater. Not to mention I don't trust random CTRNAND transfers floating around the interwebs. 3DOWN has tons of personal information left in their public transfers on release, and a while after; that one dude left his OTP in a zip file and bricked tons of people etc.

If you can, always get the files straight from the source, not from some random on the internet.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

warriosbest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So boot your DS into sysnand with Luma and check to see if your titles appear. If they don't then go to system settings and check the 3DS software. If your games appear greyed out with a red X it means you're missing the tickets. Just use tikshop to reinstall them if that's the case. Also your games are encrypted to be used with one console (it's so you can't just take the N3DS folder and copy it to another SD card to get games) so if you formatted the DS with the SD card inside, your console created a new encrypted folder so the one you backed up is no longer valid.

Also, I don't see how this thread became three pages.... It's a simple operation to create and Emunand and downgrade it, takes all of 30 minutes. Would have saved you a lot of trouble just to use 3DNUS to download the firmware pack for your console/region then install it as an update pack with sysupdater. Not to mention I don't trust random CTRNAND transfers floating around the interwebs. 3DOWN has tons of personal information left in their public transfers on release, and a while after; that one dude left his OTP in a zip file and bricked tons of people etc.

If you can, always get the files straight from the source, not from some random on the internet.
500+days not touch 3DS, forgot everything, safe or unsafe, v.v., anyway, thank for reply ...i will try

..nothing in 3ds data

warriosbest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Worst case scenario you have to install them all again. Not a total loss except your game saves.
41gb games but only care about isaac rebirth, FE:A completed, FE:conquest 2hours+ played

gateway still not working, black screen, i think emunand have problem

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
41gb games but only care about isaac rebirth, FE:A completed, FE:conquest 2hours+ played

gateway still not working, black screen, i think emunand have problem

If I were you, I would check the Nintendo 3DS folder to see how many (random characters) folders you have present. Each one corresponds to a different NAND (either EMU or old formats). You should only have two of them, one for each NAND. If you have more than two, then yes it would seem like the one originally encypted for your console is invalid now.

Also, there is way more to running Gateway on 11.2 then just creating an emunand and running Gateway mode. Gateway can ONLY be used through BootCTR9, since it uses binary payloads, not firms. You need to go to this thread and follow the directions to get your Gateway to boot correctly.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/

Three pages and not one person thought to tell you....... Le sigh.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a question. i have B9S and luma 8.1 SysNand 11.5 and EmuNand 11.2 (because GW cheatengine). Can i patch 11.2+ games to play on GW Mode? (i dont want to install the games again)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question. i have B9S and luma 8.1 SysNand 11.5 and EmuNand 11.2 (because GW cheatengine). Can i patch 11.2+ games to play on GW Mode? (i dont want to install the games again)
Pretty sure as long as your SysNAND is updated the native_firm requirement for games above 11.2 is already met. So it shouldn't be an issue. If your SysNAND is under 11.2 then you would need an update.

warriosbest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I were you, I would check the Nintendo 3DS folder to see how many (random characters) folders you have present. Each one corresponds to a different NAND (either EMU or old formats). You should only have two of them, one for each NAND. If you have more than two, then yes it would seem like the one originally encypted for your console is invalid now.

Also, there is way more to running Gateway on 11.2 then just creating an emunand and running Gateway mode. Gateway can ONLY be used through BootCTR9, since it uses binary payloads, not firms. You need to go to this thread and follow the directions to get your Gateway to boot correctly.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/

Three pages and not one person thought to tell you....... Le sigh.
3 folder, because i copy my backup content back to msd after reformatting emunand by gw
d2d7bc96b3417ce98a755ee5666149c6
915d6ebb9fb3b30fc2fbc4e00a9fc73a
Private

but in d2d7bc96b3417ce98a755ee5666149c6 have new folder 172e010147806b2a534c363400035344 , so i copy all content in old folder to new folder, now i have back my theme and game grey out like u said

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-