Azerbaijan wins Eurovision

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2009
Messages
2,804
Reaction score
375
Trophies
1
Location
...
Website
Visit site
XP
1,204
Country
QUOTE said:
Düsseldorf, Germany -

After an exciting voting in front of tens of thousands of people in a fully packed Düsseldorf Arena and millions of TV viewers all over Europe, it was finally Ell/Nikki from Azerbaijan who received the highest number of points from televoters and juries from the 43 countries participating in this year's edition of Europe's favourite TV-show! Ell/Nikki managed to gather 221 points altogether - followed by Raphael Gualazzi from Italy with 189 points and Sweden's Eric Saade who collected 185 points.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=3600...on_song_contest



Well, I liked the boy from Finland, but OK.
 
I watched it all night.
I expected Ukraine to win when they started to get a lot of points.
But then they lost
cry.gif

But I voted for the Georgia girl. She looked cute
wub.gif
+ death metal guy in the song FTW
 
Australian voting results can be found here:

http://www.sbs.com.au/eurovision/


(Note: Australian results only -- not the real results)
1
Ireland 11785 votes
2
Greece 9685 votes
3
Serbia 6090 votes
4
Bosnia and Herzegovina 5567 votes
5
Moldova 4228 votes
6
Hungary 3844 votes
7
Sweden 3027 votes
8
Denmark 2555 votes
9
Ukraine 1982 votes
10
Iceland 1749 votes
11
Romania 1687 votes
12
Finland 1622 votes
13
United Kingdom 1612 votes
14
Slovenia 1223 votes
15
Italy 1179 votes
16
Russia 1173 votes
17
Germany 1119 votes
18
Estonia 1040 votes
19
Austria 756 votes
20
France 738 votes
21
Georgia 650 votes
22
Spain 645 votes
23
Azerbaijan 561 votes
24
Switzerland 409 votes
25
Lithuania 319 votes



Not that it means much...
 
I fail to see how this is "breaking news" seeing as it happened many hours ago.
Anyway, Serbia deserved to win
ohnoes.png
.
And
rofl2.gif
at how the girl from the winning pair totally stole all the spotlight. She literally took the microphone from the presenter while the guy was talking.
 
Goli said:
I fail to see how this is "breaking news" seeing as it happened many hours ago.

It is breaking news in Australia!

I don't know when it really happened, but they just showed it here, and I didn't see any other thread about it.
 
tehnoobshow said:
Cyan said:
To represent France, they decided it was a good idea to ... no sing French
Yeah, sure, totally logical
glare.gif
Lol.......that is my main problem with Eurovision, i think that countries should sing in their actual languages.

Says the Englishman!

If English songs usually win (because many voters understand English), that would unfairly advantage England!
 
Schizoanalysis said:
tehnoobshow said:
Cyan said:
To represent France, they decided it was a good idea to ... no sing French
Yeah, sure, totally logical
glare.gif
Lol.......that is my main problem with Eurovision, i think that countries should sing in their actual languages.

Says the Englishman!

If English songs usually win (because many voters understand English), that would unfairly advantage England!
Good point.........it's just that i think that countries should stay true to the main language spoken in their country.
 
I was originally rooting for Israel, then when they didn't make it through I was rooting for Ireland. I'm glad for Azerbaijan though.
 
smile72 said:
I was originally rooting for Israel, then when they didn't make it through I was rooting for Ireland. I'm glad for Azerbaijan though.

I have to ask, why is Israel even in Eurovision?

It seems odd to me, given they they aren't a part of Europe.

If they can let Israel in, they shoul also be able to let Australia in.
 
Schizoanalysis said:
I have to ask, why is Israel even in Eurovision?

It seems odd to me, given they they aren't a part of Europe.

If they can let Israel in, they shoul also be able to let Australia in.
It's based on broadcasting area, not geographical. Morocco has entered before, and Iraq/Libya could technically enter too if they were EBU members.
 
Oh that explains it thanks Pazuzu!!!!. I have no idea why their allowed but they've been participating since 1973.
 

Site & Scene News