Hacking Awesome WiiU hacking theories!

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means we can run userland code. I doubt the hackmii installer will work until it is updated (but that shouldn't be any harder than any of the previous hackmii updates). Someone should try running FS Browser and sysCheck to see what they see. I would, but I'm currently installing the update (download is taking forever, I recommend skipping it if you haven't started it yet).

Reactions: Lurker2

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Virtual Wii is pre-installed with 4.3?
It should be obvious that it's using the latest IOS/system menu, but I'm wondering if the settings are showing that version number or something specific to Wii mode on WiiU (Virtual 4.3U?).
Maybe they have a new system menu version installed by default?

Nice to see vWii and WiiUmpersonator already online :)

Edit:
it seems the version is the same, but installed in different folder (00000007 instead of 00000001), and not the same content/size.

edit2:
What are HCUx and HCVA channels? Hidden ones? new EULA?

Zero

Belief will always save me
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove the reset button. lol, reminds me of how Nintendo just changed the DVD drive password to MATSHITA DVD GAME to matshita dvd game from GC to Wii :P

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
Can someone make a video of Smash Stacks on WiiU and put it on, like, YouTube? I hope it's not a troll or something, Wii-Mode exploit day-one would be kinda nice.

ozl

Wii4everybody
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wii4everybody.com
XP
Country
Mexico
This is just awesome xD
Good day to all, im in the process of updating the Wii U, and will hold the wii to U transfer until we can get some kind of backup for saves and wiiware since i will still be using the wii console for other old games i havent finished.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Virtual Wii is pre-installed with 4.3?
it seems the version is the same, but installed in different folder (00000007 instead of 00000001), and not the same content/size.

edit2:
What are HCUx and HCVA channels? Hidden ones? new EULA?
Wondering the same thing. I'm dying to know what HCVA and HCUx are, but I'd bet one is the "Wii Menu Manual" and the other that orange "Wii System Transfer" channel seen on the vWii menu. (Picture)

As for IOS, versions looked to match their Wii versions, but stubs are missing from the list. I assume they're already installed.

If you want, you can download the titles with NUS Downloader. The encryption key is different though, so you can't unpack them yet or otherwise do anything meaningful. We're probably going to have to wait until either someone dumps them in decrypted form off a vWii, or until we know what the key is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?