FenexFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have 2 3ds's a new and an old
the new works perfect
but i am having a issue with the old i have used ctr httpwn to download update 1.2 for sun and moon
on the new it will lets me go online trade etc
on the old i get system update needed and i cant go online

is there a way i can skip/avoid the update?
i have luma CFW sys11.2 EU
(i really don't feel like updating my sysVersion)

just tried to update luma.... i crashes when loading
tbh i dont care if i brake this one because its old....still tho

Last edited by FenexFox,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What entrypoint are you using?
Also you should really just update, there's no reason not to update. Nintendo didn't hide anything spooky to their OFW, you won't get banned, you won't loose any functions, ect.

FenexFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay well where can i find how to update
for the old 3ds?
Luma CFW A9LH i also heard luma no longer support a9lh so ill need to get that sorted too...
i just dont have a good feeling about the latest versions and banwaves etc

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the old 3ds?
Luma CFW A9LH i also heard luma no longer support a9lh so ill need to get that sorted too...
Even if you didn't update line, you could still access the latest firmwares with no issues. To future proof yourself though, use this to upgrade from a9lh to b9s: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s. It takes several minutes and there have been zero recorded bricks.

Reactions: Lacius

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
for the old 3ds?
Let me help you out with everything you will need my fuzzy little friend
Luma3DS no longer supports A9LH, so you will need to update to B9S. This process really only takes a few minutes (at most) and there's no risk of bricking. All the updated files are provided in the guide.
Once you've updated to B9S and to the latest Luma3DS, upgrade to 11.5.
The ban wave seems linked to the public seed (apparently) I have two systems one named Goat (old3DS) and Scarlet (new3DS.) Neither of which were banned, in fact Goat was intentionally banned in the first wave and unbanned with a private seed.
it says new 3ds only
http://prntscr.com/fy1t2a
i already checked
That file is only needed for the New3DS. If you are using an old3DS, you don't need it.

FenexFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let me help you out with everything you will need my fuzzy little friend
Luma3DS no longer supports A9LH, so you will need to update to B9S. This process really only takes a few minutes (at most) and there's no risk of bricking. All the updated files are provided in the guide.
Once you've updated to B9S and to the latest Luma3DS, upgrade to 11.5.
The ban wave seems linked to the public seed (apparently) I have two systems one named Goat (old3DS) and Scarlet (new3DS.) Neither of which were banned, in fact Goat was intentionally banned in the first wave and unbanned with a private seed.

That file is only needed for the New3DS. If you are using an old3DS, you don't need it.

sorry im quite slow XD
ive updated to Boot9strap now how do i update my version?
do i have to do it a special way for CFW or is it just normal settings>other>system update like a normal 3ds

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry im quite slow XD
do i have to do it a special way for CFW or is it just normal settings>other>system update like a normal 3ds
As i like to say, a cfw 3ds is a regular 3ds with extra added patches. In other words, you could install a cfw, not install any cias, and it would function identically to a vanilla 3ds, so yes you can update through system settings, and there is a 99 percent chance you can do that for every future update to come, as long as you use luma 8.1. Also press L+Down+select to activate rosalinaif you haven't tried that yet, it's a nice new feature.

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
sorry im quite slow XD
That's all you need to do to update. The CFW really don't change much for the OFW itself, just adds some new features/patches.
Last bit of advice, if by chance 11.6 comes out, just watch the forums. I can see that you are following me, so you can rest assured that I will have a status update posted shortly after the release.

FenexFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay thank you all
i can now do what i wanted i just checked
i haven't updated yet
i am just gonna stick on 11.2 for a little longer but i feel like ill update soon
have a nice day/night
thanks again ^w^

Reactions: The Catboy

FenexFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's all you need to do to update. The CFW really don't change much for the OFW itself, just adds some new features/patches.
Last bit of advice, if by chance 11.6 comes out, just watch the forums. I can see that you are following me, so you can rest assured that I will have a status update posted shortly after the release.
im having a issue with homebrew launcher after updateing to boot9strap on my new-3ds i tried to open ctr-httpowned and it game me an error
any ideas???

Tekniquez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 2 3ds's a new and an old
the new works perfect
but i am having a issue with the old i have used ctr httpwn to download update 1.2 for sun and moon
on the new it will lets me go online trade etc
on the old i get system update needed and i cant go online

is there a way i can skip/avoid the update?
i have luma CFW sys11.2 EU
(i really don't feel like updating my sysVersion)

just tried to update luma.... i crashes when loading
tbh i dont care if i brake this one because its old....still tho

not sure if its been said but when i use freeshop all the updates i get are from there. 1 download the game go open it etc etc. it will then ask for the update, i then go BACK into freeshop i see the new update it asks for hit the update for it and wait. Goto the game and then enjoy.

D

Deleted-351540

i seem to get alot of random crashes on luma 8.1 when it comes to homebrew related things.....
Welcome to the club! A lot of us are having these issues. Nothing to be done about it but wait for it to get fixed by our awesome developers. It's taking a minute, but I'm sure they're working on getting it fixed.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard 3ds's on newer firmware's will have issues with ctr-httpwn if your trying to use it to not update at all. The application was recently patched in 11.4 to stop people from connecting online (going off of whats said here, but idk tbh because I haven't tried it out https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...so_youll_be_forced_to_update/#bottom-comments .) and some minor adjustments have been made to stop certain problems from persisting on lower firmwares, for example; connecting to eshop, or downloading software* updates on the home menu but these issues are minor and if you download freeshop you can easily fix that issue to download updates for software without updating.

Of course you can also just boot up ctr-httpwn again every time you want to connect to the eshop, or download software updates from the home menu. But I think its just more convent to use freeshop for downloading updates. If I were you I would also not update for the time being until Nintendo stops rolling out firmware updates because they might figure out a way to patch something at some point, judging by the move they made patching ctr-httpwn and their motives to still support the 3ds it looks like they are going to pull something out of their their sleeve at some point. Either that or make a NAND Backup of your current firmware using Godmode9 so you can just come back to 11.2 without any problems if you do want to update to later firmwares.

Last edited by petethepug,
Reactions: Glyptofane

FenexFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh yea i have been using freeshop but mine has been acting...a little weird
i noticed there is an update and i get it from freeshop but sometimes the updates dont show up and sometimes they do
and if they dont i normally just use ctr-httpowned to get into eshop and get it there

so these crashes are normal?
and the devs are working on it?
correct?

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yea i have been using freeshop but mine has been acting...a little weird
i noticed there is an update and i get it from freeshop but sometimes the updates dont show up and sometimes they do
Yeah that's normal, sometimes you will have to delete the updates of the game first on Freeshop so the latest update will show up on the game in the Freeshop menu. Its a common thing to run into,

And also by the crashes;
1. How does Homebrew Launcher crash? (And what is the name of the current Homebrew app your using or the exploit.) There is an old version of Homebrew and a 1.1 version on FBI (A third party application downloader for tools or applications.) You can try to use the newer version of the Homebrew app to see if it helps.

2. Is anything else crashing? Like games or titles, if so what error are you getting on your 3ds?

Last edited by petethepug,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass