Gaming AVG or Avast?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both installed right now which I've heard is not the best idea and I'm deciding to uninstall one of them, which one should it be?

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Avast because it's better!
biggrin.gif

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Avast is better, AVG used to be good but it all went downhill for them a few years back.
Don't have 2 antivirus programs, that's bad mmmkay...
Get rid of AVG.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tyuno123 said:
I downloadad avast from filehippo recently and when I did a virus scan it said I still have 60 days left so I'm guessing it's a trial version ?

How/Where can I get a full non-trial version ?

you have to register, and give your address, but its free for personal use.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All free Antivirus products are equally bad. Just suck it up and buy a good, complete Internet Security Suite. Like Norton, and no I'm not kidding.

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The product key is free, just register on their site. I have no idea why they want you to register but hey it's a free antivirus! Avast is much better than some of the paid offerings out there *cough*norton*mcafee*cough
smile.gif

Captin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JJBro1 said:
I have both installed right now which I've heard is not the best idea and I'm deciding to uninstall one of them, which one should it be?

Nether, use Avira free it's much better. Other antivirus programs let you download infected files BEFORE checking them, so the virus actually has to get onto your PC.
Avira checks the files/web pages BEFORE your PC starts to download the files so nothing gets on your PC.

AVcomparables is a web site that cjecks anti-virus programs monthly to see which is bets.

virus1.jpg

virus2.jpg

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Captin said:
JJBro1 said:

Nether, use Avira free it's much better. Other antivirus programs let you download infected files BEFORE checking them, so the virus actually has to get onto your PC.
Avira checks the files/web pages BEFORE your PC starts to download the files so nothing gets on your PC.

AVcomparables is a web site that cjecks anti-virus programs monthly to see which is bets.
virus1.jpg

virus2.jpg

wow, that is a lot of false positives.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
maybe (hopefully) the situation has changed, but back in the day Avast was completely inefficient for me.
Ever since I switched to AVGfree I found it to be a lot more active and also it seems to be a lot lighter resource wise.
There is no way I'm going back to using Avast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM