Hacking AV Cables with PSP Go

Trenchant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I purchased a AV component cable for my PSP GO to hopefully play some old PSone Classics on my HDTV and have come across some needless difficulty. When I enter [connect display settings] and press [switch video output] I get a message that states "Connect an AV Cable," the thing is, it IS connected. My issue is that my PSP is currently on permanent CFW 6.20 Pro B8, and have read before that some issues may arise with custom firmware.

1. My question is, is there a chance my custom firmware could be causing the issue? And if so how can I fix it?

2. And secondly, would there perhaps be a plugin that can allow me to play PSP games in full screen?

Also if there are any other suggestions so I can get my video output working they would be generally well appreciated. The AV cable has literally arrived 5 minutes ago and I am really hoping (as it took 2 weeks to be delivered) that it is not an issue with the cable itself. Thank you to everyone who lends a sympathetic ear....er eyes.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a psp go on permanent custom firmware ( i think it was 6.20 Pro B10 ) and the av cable worked just fine. I couldn't go full screen and didnt find a plugin that truly fixed that, but it worked well enough for my little 19" monitor.

edit: You say it took two weeks? Did you order the cable from HongKong? It might just be a fake or cheap quality cable. I bought from someone in my own state through eBay and it was good quality. Only $7 too.

Trenchant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for replying PokeF! :D

I bought the cable from a Ebay seller stationed out of the United States. However, the cable itself is not an official Sony av cable, that's all i can really say about its quality. I guess I will update my firmware to Pro B10 in the hopes that it may fix the issue, but I think in the long run I'm going to have to buy another cable.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the video-out on my PSP 2000 with official cables on 6.x and 5.x CFWs for a while so I do suspect the cables too.

As far as making things fullscreen, the only plugin I know that can do that is this one...
http://foosa.do.am/
But it's only for the 2000/3000 (according to the first page), and it has it's issues too.

Mika-EL

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a psp go too and the component cable and it works on my old tv if you have the video component of 5 plugs red,green,blue for video and a red and white for audio and isn't working you shoud upgrade your's cfw to pro b-10,i use this one and works nice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT