ark76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello!
I don't really understand AutoRCm (and I've read lots of posts).
I mean: I updated with ChoirdujourNX to 6.2 and have AutoRcm. I know I don't need a jig while being on, but have some questions:
* What's the best way to leave the Switch when finished playing? Hold Power and Sleep Mode?
* Is there a way to completely Power off my Switch? Maybe holding Power for 15 secs? Would it be completely off or waiting for a payload in RCM? I know I would need to inject payload again to boot
* What's the procedure when I need to remove the SD card to add NSP's in order to install them?
Thanks a lot

man_of_power05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Sleep Mode.
2. There is a homebrew program to turn it completely off but i'm not sure the details. i do know that if you go to power off in the menu, the switch will be in rcm if autorcm is on.
3. You have to turn the switch off to remove the sd card. that being said, you can always ftp the files you need to the sd card. that way you don't have to turn the switch off or remove the sd card. there are also network and usb installs in tinfoil for nsp files.

ark76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
3. You have to turn the switch off to remove the sd card. that being said, you can always ftp the files you need to the sd card. that way you don't have to turn the switch off or remove the sd card. there are also network and usb installs in tinfoil for nsp files.
But my Switch is offline, so I cannot use ftp. Can I use a USB drive to install with Tinfoil?
And how do I completely power off to remove the sd card?
Thanks

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
But my Switch is offline, so I cannot use ftp. Can I use a USB drive to install with Tinfoil?
And how do I completely power off to remove the sd card?
Thanks
You can use DNS. You can't use USB with free CFW (except maybe latest reinx).
1. Sleep mode.
2. Don't know about the homebrew, but force shut down from horizon or force shut down from RCM or power off from hekate should work.
3. You shut down you switch, add all your games, reinsert and boot to CFW. Or you setup DZ/Tinfoil, to install from a server (FTP) or you use FTP (super slow, kinda unreliable).

ark76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
3. You shut down you switch, add all your games, reinsert and boot to CFW. Or you setup DZ/Tinfoil, to install from a server (FTP) or you use FTP (super slow, kinda unreliable).
Using Power Options->power off? Would it be completely powered off? Or as I'm under AutoRCM it would reboot in rcm?

ark76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks, @Draxzelex and @Kubas_inko

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, power off and when it reboots in rcm, inject hekate and power off completely from there?
Then I assume I would need Vol+ and power with jig to launch CFW again?

greyfux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had the same questions as you and now I hardly ever shut it down completely (I've been using it a lot and sleep mode does not drain the battery extensively IMO).

For shutting down, the easiest way would be to Power Options->power off and after that hold the power button for 15seconds.

After you turn it back on it will automatically be on RCM mode (no need to hold +) and you will need to inject the payload to boot to CFW

Reactions: ark76

Greyfux27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had the same questions as you and now I hardly ever shut it down completely (I've been using it a lot and sleep mode does not drain the battery extensively IMO).

For shutting down, the easiest way would be to Power Options->power off and after that hold the power button for 15seconds.

After you turn it back on it will automatically be on RCM mode (no need to hold +) and you will need to inject the payload to boot to CFW

Just to be clear, you would have to wait 10-15 seconds after Power Options->power off so the console could be on rcm. Draxzelex mention on his findings that the quickest way to get to RCM would be a restart. I did not test it myself but it does make sense

ark76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks, @Greyfux27 and @greyfux
And a final question: Exfat or Fat32? :unsure:
If Exfat is working fine in 6.2, I prefer it. What are you using?
Will it be OK if a transfer the contents in my 32Gb Fat32 to a 128Gb Exfat?
Thanks again

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thanks, @Greyfux27 and @greyfux
And a final question: Exfat or Fat32? :unsure:
If Exfat is working fine in 6.2, I prefer it. What are you using?
Will it be OK if a transfer the contents in my 32Gb Fat32 to a 128Gb Exfat?
Thanks again
exfat works fine for most people, but it has shitty support so there can be some problems. I never experienced any my self tho.
And yes. Just copy paste.

Greyfux27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ark76 glad to help as I struggled to find this kind of info. I've decided to use FAT32 after reading several accounts of people getting their exfat files corrupted. It's advisible to use fat32 if you're planning on using homebrews (emulators for example) and splitting games is not much of a hassle with the software available for this task.

I guess you could use Exfat and using the Emunand on a partitioned card option, this way you wouldn't have to format everything if it ever get corrupted. If you dont turn off the console or remove the card while it's writing something you would reduce the chance of corruption quite significantly

ark76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ark76 glad to help as I struggled to find this kind of info. I've decided to use FAT32 after reading several accounts of people getting their exfat files corrupted. It's advisible to use fat32 if you're planning on using homebrews (emulators for example) and splitting games is not much of a hassle with the software available for this task.

I guess you could use Exfat and using the Emunand on a partitioned card option, this way you wouldn't have to format everything if it ever get corrupted. If you dont turn off the console or remove the card while it's writing something you would reduce the chance of corruption quite significantly

My main concern is about roms bigger than 4gb... But you say it's not that difficult or slow process. I think I'll choose Fat32.
Edit: If I choose Fat32, will I be able to install NSPs in the SD card instead of nand, or just roms smaller than 4gb?

Last edited by ark76,
Reactions: Greyfux27

ark76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've tried usb install from pc and it seems to work fine. Maybe it gets tricky with big roms.
Is it possible to install bigger than 4gb roms in fat32 sd card? Or am I forced to install them in the internal memory?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone