Hacking Automatic FW Update After SD2Vita Install Attempt

kezza825

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I followed wololo.net's guide to install the SD2Vita, the final step states that I had to reboot the Vita and I will be able use the 64gb microSD I have. So I rebooted and apparently my Vita's firmware became 3.70 after being on 3.65. The weird thing about it is, is that h-encore is still on the live screen and accessible and VitaShell. I'm worried to install HENkaku again on h-encore and on VitaShell, the sd card isn't read as the memory on' ur0' folder is far lower than 64gb.

Before this automatic install, I ran HENkaku flawlessly (installing plugins and homebrew fine), I turned automatic updates off aswell.. Although the version spoof said 3.67 but that didn't seem to affect anything.

Any help would be great as I have no idea what's wrong but I'm scared to install anything homebrew related such as HENkaku incase of my vita bricking. Would it be easier to just factory reset my vita and start fresh?

P. S. After further research I can tell you I didn't use storage manager, I don't have a clue what 'uma0' is and I didn't unlink the vita memory card (I don't know how to).

Last edited by kezza825, , Reason: Added information

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I followed wololo.net's guide to install the SD2Vita, the final step states that I had to reboot the Vita and I will be able use the 64gb microSD I have. So I rebooted and apparently my Vita's firmware became 3.70 after being on 3.65. The weird thing about it is, is that h-encore is still on the live screen and accessible and VitaShell. I'm worried to install HENkaku again on h-encore and on VitaShell, the sd card isn't read as the memory on' ur0' folder is far lower than 64gb.

Before this automatic install, I ran HENkaku flawlessly (installing plugins and homebrew fine), I turned automatic updates off aswell.. Although the version spoof said 3.67 but that didn't seem to affect anything.

Any help would be great as I have no idea what's wrong but I'm scared to install anything homebrew related such as HENkaku incase of my vita bricking. Would it be easier to just factory reset my vita and start fresh?

P. S. After further research I can tell you I didn't use storage manager, I don't have a clue what 'uma0' is and I didn't unlink the vita memory card (I don't know how to).
It didn't update it's just spoofed, do you have an sd2vita? Just reboot while holding L to boot with plugins disabled, copy contents of sony mem card to sd card first.

kezza825

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It didn't update it's just spoofed, do you have an sd2vita? Just reboot while holding L to boot with plugins disabled, copy contents of sony mem card to sd card first.

Thanks for replying bud. I have a SD2Vita yes. I'm working for another 3 hours so will try this and get back to you.

I've already copied the memory card contents to the root of the sd card I'm using though.

When you asked if I have an sd2vita, you do mean the sd card adapter?

Last edited by kezza825,

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying bud. I have a SD2Vita yes. I'm working for another 3 hours so will try this and get back to you.

I've already copied the memory card contents to the root of the sd card I'm using though.
np, and ok, you did format the sd card with zzblankimg as well? If you did all that it should be loading the sd2vita as ux0, are you able to open up vitashell? If so check to see if both the sony mem card and sd card are visible another thing i would suggest is using storagemgr plugin which lets you switch mount point really easily. You can install and configure storagemgr from autoplugin app.

kezza825

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
np, and ok, you did format the sd card with zzblankimg as well? If you did all that it should be loading the sd2vita as ux0, are you able to open up vitashell? If so check to see if both the sony mem card and sd card are visible another thing i would suggest is using storagemgr plugin which lets you switch mount point really easily. You can install and configure storagemgr from autoplugin app.

I formatted using zzblankimg, yes. I'm able to open vitashell too. How would I be able to tell where the memory card and sd card is located? I'll download storage manager aswell.

The guide that I used, it told me to copy the ux0:tai folder to ur0: and then delete the tai folder in ux0 but as I said, when I look in vitashell there isn't a folder that has the capacity of 64gb

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted using zzblankimg, yes. I'm able to open vitashell too. How would I be able to tell where the memory card and sd card is located? I'll download storage manager aswell.

The guide that I used, it told me to copy the ux0:tai folder to ur0: and then delete the tai folder in ux0 but as I said, when I look in vitashell there isn't a folder that has the capacity of 64gb
What capacity does ux0 show? And what plugin did you use for the sd2vita? You're going to have to uninstall it before you install storagemgr

kezza825

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What capacity does ux0 show? And what plugin did you use for the sd2vita? You're going to have to uninstall it before you install storagemgr

I can't remember, I'll look when I'm home. I think the plugin was gamesd.skprx.

Oh jeez, how would I uninstall it? I'm sorry but I'm new to vita hacking scene.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't remember, I'll look when I'm home. I think the plugin was gamesd.skprx.

Oh jeez, how would I uninstall it? I'm sorry but I'm new to vita hacking scene.
Ok for sure and you can delete it by going into vitashell and in ur0:tai/ you can delete gamesd.skprx and also in the config.txt you need to delete the gamesd.skprx line. Once done and just reboot and it should load up your sony mem card. Next you need to back up the ux0 folder from your sony mem card by plugging into pc and using usb in vitashell to backup the entore ux0 folder(make sure show hidden files is emabled on your pc) then copy this ux0 folder to your sd card. Once done proceed to install storagemgr from autoplugin app and configure as GCD=ux0 to make sd2vita main storage and MCD=uma0 to make sony mem card as secondary storage. Then just reboot and all should work correctly. Just make sure you only have one tai folder in ur0 and owhere else.

kezza825

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Great. Can't wait to get home and sort this out! No doubt I'll run into another problem so you'll hear from within the next 2 hours lol

Reactions: kaymynd

kezza825

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, this might be worth noting - before I tried installing sd2vita I had the plugin installed where my ps vita showed me the percentage of my battery but since I rebooted after attempting sd2vita, the percentage next to my battery disappeared.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the issue is that you have more than one tai folder, just delete the tai folders in ux0 both in the sd card and sony mem card and keep only the ur0 tai folder some plugins like the batt % one you may have installed in the tai folder in ux0 you can transfer them to the tai folder in ur0, or just reinstall them from autoplugin app. Just make sure you only install plugins into the tai folder in ur0(internal storage) from now on, doing so will allow enso and plugins to work even if there is no sony card inserted.

Last edited by kaymynd,

kezza825

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok for sure and you can delete it by going into vitashell and in ur0:tai/ you can delete gamesd.skprx and also in the config.txt you need to delete the gamesd.skprx line. Once done and just reboot and it should load up your sony mem card. Next you need to back up the ux0 folder from your sony mem card by plugging into pc and using usb in vitashell to backup the entore ux0 folder(make sure show hidden files is emabled on your pc) then copy this ux0 folder to your sd card. Once done proceed to install storagemgr from autoplugin app and configure as GCD=ux0 to make sd2vita main storage and MCD=uma0 to make sony mem card as secondary storage. Then just reboot and all should work correctly. Just make sure you only have one tai folder in ur0 and owhere else.

Followed this but now my Vita is telling me to format the card...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might not be able to access henkaku.suprx. that's henkaku settings. I had to manually add mine to ur0/tai , 'cause it wasn't being detected. you can get it from: app\MLCL00001 it's not a kernel plugin, so add it to user section. does henkaku settings appear without sd2vita?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can still access vitashell but I need to remove the sd2vita adapter
Ok simple solution would be to go into autoplugin app and switch the partitions around so MCD=ux0 and GCD=uma0 you can also use vitashell to do it manually in ur0:tai/storage_config.txt. then turn off vita and put sd2vita in and turn it back on, then just go to vitashell and into uma0 and delete the id.dat folder and if there is a tai folder in uma0 or ux0 at this point, delete it, and then just switch the partitions again and reboot. Should get you access to the sd2vita again.

And just make sure you only have a tai folder in ur0 only

Last edited by kaymynd,

kezza825

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok simple solution would be to go into autoplugin app and switch the partitions around so MCD=ux0 and GCD=uma0 you can also use vitashell to do it manually in ur0:tai/storage_config.txt. then turn off vita and put sd2vita in and turn it back on, then just go to vitashell and into uma0 and delete the id.dat folder and if there is a tai folder in uma0 or ux0 at this point, delete it, and then just switch the partitions again and reboot. Should get you access to the sd2vita again.

And just make sure you only have a tai folder in ur0 only

I switched partitions and able to access ps vita with sd card in. I'm now in vitashell and I havent got a uma0 folder.. Come to think of it, I never have done. There is not a tai folder in the ux0 folder.. What do you suggest?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: