Autoboot without haxchi?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Emeraldman94, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    Hi. I'm relatively new to the scene. I was pretty familiar with loadiine and recently switches to the Brazilian method and installed titles to my USB to boot. Since I want to use dlc, I must install a cfw. I dont have haxchi, or want to work with it as im cheap. From my research i think I'm supposed to use mocha, but I guess that doesn't safely support autoboot. I see there is rednand, but don't know if that works with autoboot. Honestly, I don't want to do anything special on my Wii u. Just play games off usb, and play with some dlc and such. Please give advice.

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Haxchi is the only way to autoboot CFW. If you're unwilling to spend money, then you're only option is to launch Mocha CFW through the internet browser each time you want to play a game with illegitimate DLC, Virtual Console games, and games that didn't receive disc releases.

Alternatively, you can use free DLC in Mario Kart 8 and Breath of the Wild to legitimize their DLC so you don't have to launch Mocha to play those games.

3. SuinkaiVS

SuinkaiVS Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    Inside Hombrew
    no, the only way to autoboot CFW is CHBC (ColdBoot Haxchi)