Hacking *~Auto Injectuwad Injector~* -kept updated-

brb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, wondering if anyone can help me fix my problem.
I used this wonderful program to inject an english translation rom of Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) into a Secret of Mana.wad
The game would load fine and get passed the "Need Classic Controller" screen but when you click start passed the Squaresoft logo and the title screen it freezes on a black screen before the character select screen.
I thought it was odd that the game would load up but wouldn't continue passed that point... is it a problem with the rom? there are about 7 (that I know of) Seiken Densetsu III roms that have been translated to english so far and I have checked 2-3 of them with no luck... do I need to use the right one? or maybe I should use a different wad to inject it into?
thanks for your help

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried to inject Earthworm Jim 3D (for N64) into Sin & punishment.
But I couldn't install the .wad file on my Wii.
Same with Donkey Kong 64.
What's my fault?

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Luigi728 said:
I tried to inject Earthworm Jim 3D (for N64) into Sin & punishment.
But I couldn't install the .wad file on my Wii.
Same with Donkey Kong 64.
What's my fault?
Not your fault...
The N64 games that works with the injector are few.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
muck chucker said:
Where do i find a common-key.bin? even a hint will do
The common-key.bin is illigal. You don't may ask that!
lecture.gif

sparky28000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
3 questions

1. Do i have to shut down internet on my wii

2. is there an change of bricking my wii

3. are the games full speed (wanna try majora's mask ^^)
grog.gif

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I tried using this to change the .dol into the backup loader channel (I wanted to inject into it the dol with requiem4d's fix) and everything seemed to work fine, but I got an error while trying to install the new .wad with wad manager 1.3.
I'll try again manually replace 001.app using wadpacker/unpacker and see how it goes.

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
TyrianCubed said:
I tried using this to change the .dol into the backup loader channel (I wanted to inject into it the dol with requiem4d's fix) and everything seemed to work fine, but I got an error while trying to install the new .wad with wad manager 1.3.
I'll try again manually replace 001.app using wadpacker/unpacker and see how it goes.

if you provide me the links to both the new dol you want used and the original channel wad you want it injected into, i'll inject it and supply you with a download link to collect the new wad

..... if you want me too that is.......

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
thanks for your help, wiigee, you're very kind,
the dol is here and the wad is here

but I'd like to understand how to do it myself so I don't annoy kind people like you anytime I need a particular wad, so please if you manage to make it work tell me exactly how you did!

I tried with the auto injector and manually with wad packer/unpacker, and apparently it toes well, but it keeps giving me the error -4100 when I try to install the wad. It happens when it's at "installing ticket". I don't know why!

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
all seemed fine...ok heres how i did it

1.downloaded your files
2. put both files into Auto Injectuwad Injector v3 folder which was previously downloaded from nes hacks
3. i had already put common-key.bin into the same folder which was taken from backup creator and i had changed the file extension to .bin

just to recap all original autoinjectuwad files , your two files and common-key .bin are all in the same folder

4. double click Auto Injectuwad Injector v3.exe
5. change console mode to homebrew
6. the rom and dol should appear in the windows below
7. click on each to highlight them blue
8.add a name into the custom injected channel title box(this will appear when you hover over the channel on the wii front menu screen)

9. click start.............wait for it to finish.....wait

10.back inside the folder should be new files.....the one you want will be the newest file....in this case HB-backuplauncher.dol.wad as this is the files we used in step 2

11.rename the file to what_ever_you_like.wad

hope this helps......if not here is the file i made using the above steps

***edited out**** (see your pm for the file)

its untested as i dont know what the files were.....and i guess your wii is not set up the same as mine (0.1 on 249 / 0.3 on 247)

take care

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I finally managed to get a working .wad. In the end I found out that the error 4100 means that the programme doesn't work well on your pc. I tried on another one and it works now, just doing the same operations I did on mine.
I wonder what's wrong with my computer that doesn't make this prog work correctly. Maybe when I'll format and reinstall winxp again it'll work, who knows. I'm gonna try next time.

Thanks to wiigee for helping me, much appreciated mate!

Crozone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, i'm noob to this whole injecting into wad files thing... heres what I can gather:

The Wii virtual console is some sort of perfect emulator made by Nintendo for the Wii.
The Wii shop channel games you buy have some sort of n64 rom in them
The Wii emulates this rom when you play it through the channel.

When you inject a rom into one of these wad files, and install it on the Wii, the wii thinks it's a shop channel file and runs in with its built in emulator.

The wad files can be installed with Wad Manager through the Homeberw channel?

Is this all correct?

Crozone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, the common-key.bin file is illegal. technically. But there may be a file on *cough*rapidshare*cough* called keys.bin. it *might* be on there, its just a guess. *wink wink*. it also may be 16 bytes, so if it is, you know that you may have gotton the right one.

Of coarse, I can post anything here about this file, I'm meerly suggesting it may be on rapid share because there is tonnes of stuff on rapid share.

Crozone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Smash Bros. Injects fine into Zelda Ocarina of time wad. Have not tested yet.

Does anybody know of a wad that Conker's Bad Fur Day can be injected into? All the ones that have compatible stuff are to small. Conker's is 64mb, and Zelda is only 32mb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....