Hacking *~Auto Injectuwad Injector~* -kept updated-

Fragman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done everything correctly, all the roms I use work on emulators, and the .wads I use also function properly on their own...

Yet I get brickwalled at the "classic controller" screen. All of the roms I've tried to use are all N64s, and I've tried at least three or four, to no avail.

Any help? What's up with this? I was really excited when I stumbled on this program, and I'd love to put it to use.

retrozelda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the emulator made for each INDIVIDUAL virtual console game was made jsut for that game. getting working injections is just luck.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Fragman said:
I've done everything correctly, all the roms I use work on emulators, and the .wads I use also function properly on their own...

Yet I get brickwalled at the "classic controller" screen. All of the roms I've tried to use are all N64s, and I've tried at least three or four, to no avail.

Any help? What's up with this? I was really excited when I stumbled on this program, and I'd love to put it to use.
N64 compatibility is very low at this point. Check the Wiki's for games that work and games that don't. Also, if you're injecting anything into Paper Mario, it's guaranteed not to work.

eeek78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully injected the Super Street Fighter II (U) rom into the DKC2 wad (U) and Double Dragon (U) into the Kirby's Adventure (U) wad using the Auto Injectuwad v3 program.

I then installed both wads onto my Wii using Wad Manager and I was able to play both of them.
grog.gif

I updated VCInjections Compatiblity List Wiki with my findings.

sjeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Arakon said:
creffca, is there any chance you could release a seperate extractor/packer for the genesis .ccf format? I'd like to see if the save banner is in there so I can replace it in my injections.
could anyone translate this?

sjeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Trolly said:
I'm confused, how do you want it translated? Into Italian? Or do you just not understand it?
You could always use a free translation site like Babelfish if you need translations, you should get the gist of what is being said.
lmfao wrong quote
biggrin.gif

i wanted a translation of the neo geo injecting guide, wich is in spanish..

QUOTE(abdeldark @ Jun 8 2008, 11:21 PM) I find this it's entierly in spanish but it explain how to inject neogeo vc into wad

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_estructura-...70_s30?hilit=vc

i translated it with google but it sucks..

and when you hex edit you need to know well what you are doing

p.s. i need english not italian
biggrin.gif

eeek78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to try and inject a couple more SNES games tonight. I am having a Friday the 13th Horror Movie night at my house this weekend and I would like to be able to play NBA Jam and Tecmo Super Bowl with my friends on the big screen. Heck, I would settle for the NES version. I would also love to see The Adventure of Batman & Robin and Super Punch-Out! on my Wii. I'll post my results tomorrow if I get the chance to do them tonight.

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nightstalker said:
CZroe said:
This needs to have an option to extract and save the ROM also.
Why we make it do that when you can easily download the ROM's from many different sites.
Because some games CAN'T be easily downloaded... or downloaded AT ALL for that matter. They can't even be dumped from an original cartridge for someone who has that option and the hardware to do it (ME) because the only original cartridge is significantly different (the identical one doesn't exist). Try finding an original cartridge for Zelda with a 2004 copyright date on the title screen. Try finding a Sin & Punishement ROM with English menus.

It's every bit as useful as injecting. Sure, you can extract them "the hard way" with other tools and utilities, but that isn't reason NOT to support it: You could inject "the hard way" too.

As for why you should add it: It makes sense. What more appropriate utility should it be added to other than one that extracts everything? Adding extraction to an injector is just logical.

retrozelda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CZroe said:
Nightstalker said:
CZroe said:
This needs to have an option to extract and save the ROM also.
Why we make it do that when you can easily download the ROM's from many different sites.
Because some games CAN'T be easily downloaded... or downloaded AT ALL for that matter. They can't even be dumped from an original cartridge for someone who has that option and the hardware to do it (ME) because the only original cartridge is significantly different (the identical one doesn't exist). Try finding an original cartridge for Zelda with a 2004 copyright date on the title screen. Try finding a Sin & Punishement ROM with English menus.

It's every bit as useful as injecting. Sure, you can extract them "the hard way" with other tools and utilities, but that isn't reason NOT to support it: You could inject "the hard way" too.

As for why you should add it: It makes sense. What more appropriate utility should it be added to other than one that extracts everything? Adding extraction to an injector is just logical.

Most of the good roms are ESA protected anyway(i think its the ESA that is doing that) plus using the official nintendo roms could help modify other roms, like goldeneye, to get them to work....who knows...

eeek78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I injected NBA Jam Tournament Edition (U) for the SNES to DKC2.wad. I loaded the file to the Wii using Wad Manager and everything seems to work fine. I was able to bootup and start the game. I didn't get a chance to really play it, but I will give it a try this afternoon. Everything seems to be working.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
DevilKenMasters make a tool to to transform neogeo game to game.bin for vc. It works with "small" games (not bigger than mslug at the moment)

Good Luck

DevilKen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, corsario said it.

For those ones interested, as you mentioned, on this thread http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_estructura-...r-juego_1035570 we were discusing about how to inject neo geo roms into neogeo vc wads.

Corsario managed to do it, but have problems with the romsets. I personally don't know very much about how to inject the games and have never done it, but I managed to build a tool that converts mame romsets to game.bin files like the ones used on neo geo VC games. This way, corsario managed to make those games working, so I suppose it will be very easy for you to add Neo Geo support to your Auto Injectuwad Injector program if compatible game.bin neo geo rom files are available.

Then, I give you the tool I wrote, with the help of the people of the thread I said. It's a dos command line tool.

It's in english and comes with explanation, so I suppose there will be no problem with it.

It have just been tested by corsario, who inject the games manually, and some games work. Games bigger than kof94 or metal slug don't.

It's a preliminar version, but it's seems it does a very good job.

So, have fun!
rolleyes.gif

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=3KNBQ7XY

Arwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to get Micro Machines 96 to work but it just won't. I've tried it with Comix Zone and Sonic 3. Has anyone got it to work? Is it to do with the game being a J-Cart, so the emulator won't support this as it's 4 player? I really want to get it working

cocoman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
will there be a version which features support for famicom disc (.fds [for example super mario bros 2 lost levels or japanese "nes"games) i think that wouldnt be a big deal for you, just a suggestion

thanks in advice

masud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a pal wii and i have several nes virtual console games installed, most of them run at 50hz except super mario bros the lost leves which runs at 60 hz. I would like to inject the usa roms of super mario bros 1 and 3 to play them at 60hz but i haven't got any success yet. Have any one managed to get usa or jap roms working on their pal wiis? I tried freethewads on the ntsc versions but they won't work either.

Any idea? Thanks in advance!

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
cocoman said:
will there be a version which features support for famicom disc (.fds [for example super mario bros 2 lost levels or japanese "nes"games) i think that wouldnt be a big deal for you, just a suggestion

thanks in advice

Any one tried to inject a regular rom into lost levels?
Maybe they just use a rom hack version in the virtual console version.
Then we would be in need for a new fceu wii emu with FDS and 480p support to full fill the FDS needs.

joshwaan2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys

So basicly I need the following to get this to work.

Zelda game hack running.
Auto Injectuwad injector and DKC2 purchased from store?

Also can I inject Secert of evermore in DKC2 PAL rom?

Is this correct?

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joshwaan2k said:
Hi Guys

So basicly I need the following to get this to work.

Zelda game hack running.
Auto Injectuwad injector and DKC2 purchased from store?

Also can I inject Secert of evermore in DKC2 PAL rom?

Is this correct?

No, read around, you don't have to buy dkc from the store, search the forum for WADs, find out what they are and how you get them. Someone has already injected secret of evermore. Hell, there are emulators out now so you don't even need to bother with injecting, I don't. I just use SNES9x for my snes roms. Don't ask me what it is, search around for it on the forum, or look at wiibrew or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1