OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ⒶⓊⓉⓄ-ⒷⓊⒷⒷⓁⒺ
Latest Version: V2.0
Changes:
Script now uses windows built-in ftp client, winscp removed.
General code cleanup.

[DOWNLOAD]

What's this for?

This is an automated script that will clone any psp bubble on your vita!

Why would I want to use this?

This would allow you to have a vhbl and still keep the original game/bubble intact!
This has the potential to allow you to have seperate working bubbles for:
The original base game
VHBL
TN-V
ARK
Any homebrew that supports being loaded directly via pboot.pbp
All at the same time!
(Please note that as of writing this, TN-V and ARK will not work due to a lack of an epsp kernel exploit, I will update this post if/when TN-V/ARK are working)

How does it work?

The script is based on the old manual method (in spoiler tag below) but uses sqlite3 and windows ftp to automate the process.

How to use this script:

This batch script is intended for use on windows.
This script requires that you have a vita on 3.60 with MolecularShell installed.
It also requires that you have a psp demo/game installed on your vita beforehand.

1. Backup your app.db file from 'ur0:/shell/db/app.db' (the script also creates a backup in case you don't, but please don't rely on the generated backup).
2. Download the zip file for the latest version above.
3. Extract the zip folder anywhere on your computer.

-Make sure you have enough free space on your computer and vita memory card to store another copy of the base game.
4. Open auto-bubble.bat.
5. Enter the titleid of your base game (entering an incorrect titleid could break your app.db file).
6. Enter the desired titleid of your clone bubble.
7. Enter the desired name of your new bubble.
8. Confirm that you have entered the correct information.
9. Open MolecularShell on your vita and press 'select'.
10. Input+verify the vita ip. (if prompted, allow program through firewall)
11. Choose if you want the tool to install VHBL onto the bubble for you.
12. Wait for the tool to upload the cloned bubble.
13. Reboot your vita.
14. Enjoy your new bubble :)

Notes:
This script isn't the cleanest or most elegant solution and the code could definitely do with some cleaning up (especially the sqlite stuff, I'd only used a gui for sql before today).

I can not be held responsible for any damage occurred as result of using this script or following any of my tutorials.

If your homescreen gets messed up due to this script and you forgot to make an app.db backup, rename the 'bkp_app.db' file that the script creates (in the same directory as the script) to 'app.db' and copy it to 'ur0:/shell/db/app.db'. That 'should' fix any problems caused, if not, rebuild your database.

Please report any bugs or issues found, I'll be happy to fix any problems with the script :)

Here's a 'mini' tutorial I just made (sorry if it's hard to follow, I might do a video tomorrow if nobody else has)
This tutorial assumes that you already have HENkaku/molecularShell, a dbeditor, an ftp client and knowledge on how to use such utilities.
I take no responsibility for any damage caused by following this tutorial (if anything happens, just rebuild your databse and it 'should' be fixed).

1. Duplicate the folder for your base game in ux0: pspemu/PSP/GAME/YOURGAME, give it whatever ID you want, I don't think it matters, as long as you don't have anything else with the same ID. (eg: if your original app was NPEG00005, duplicate the folder and call the new one NPEG00006).
2. Dump your ur0:shell/db/app.db file.

3. In the app.db file, go to tbl_appinfo and make the table only show the titleid of your base bubble (eg: NPEG00005). You should only see 25 rows of data.
4. Select all of the data in the key and val columns, then copy the contents to your clipboard.
5. Filter visible columns to only show the titleid of your new/clone bubble (eg: NPEG00006). You shouldn't see any records.
6. Create 25 new records, select the key+val columns of your new records and then paste your clipboard contents.
7. Input your new bubble id (eg: NPEG00006) in the titleid field of all of the records that you just pasted data into.
8. Replace any data containing your original bubble id (NPEG00005) with your clone bubble titleid (NPEG00006), make sure you only do that for the new records that you created and not any pre-existing records.

9. Go to tbl_appinfo_icon and create a new record.
10. Set pageid and pos (0-9) to an unoccupied slot on your homescreen.
11. Set iconpath to anywhere you have an icon, it's not really important which icon you use so you can copy the same path from any other bubble if you want.
12. Set title to whatever you want it to be called.
13. Set type to 0.
14. Set TitleID to your new clone-bubble titleid (eg: NPEG00006).
15. Set icontype to 0 for a .dds icon, or 5 for a .png icon.
16. Set parentalLockLv to a number between 0 and 5 (doesn't matter unless you actually use the parental lock).
17. Set status to 0 (not sure what this does or if it's required, but that's what I did).

18. Go to tbl_livearea and create a new record.
19. Set the TitleId of the new record to your clone-bubbles id (eg: NPEG00006).
20. Copy all data excluding the titleid from the row for your base bubble (eg: NPEG00005) into your new record you made for your clone bubble.

21. Save your app.db changes and copy it back to your vita.
22. Reboot your vita and try your new bubble!

If I've forgotten anything, if this needs any corrections or if there's any way you think this could be improved, please tell me so that I can make this tutorial better for everyone.
Happy cloning :D

Last edited by orly3,

orly3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey. new to vita hacking. what does it actually do. btw thanks for your work
This trick will allow you to clone a psp game/demo that you already own, allowing you to have seperate mods on each bubble.

Reasons you might want to do this:
1. If you had a psp game that you liked and didn't want to turn into a vhbl bubble, you could clone it and only mod the cloned version.
2. You could have a vhbl bubble, a tn-v bubble and an ark bubble all at the same time using just one game.

There might be other reasons
tn-v/ark won't work at the moment though, so this will only be useful for reason 1.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is this it ?
No, that's a very good video explaining how to install vhbl onto a psp game/demo bubble.
What I'm doing is making a duplicate of one of the games so that you will have two bubbles instead of replacing the original.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by orly3,
Reactions: Caseyfam

NoOne_PK

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Is it limited to vhbl/tn-v? Or can we make bubbles for other homebrews too? Like I want 3 bubbles for my favorite homebrews using the same game.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Is it limited to vhbl/tn-v? Or can we make bubbles for other homebrews too? Like I want 3 bubbles for my favorite homebrews using the same game.

Homebrews that you install via Molecularshell will get its own bubbles.
Are you referring to PSP homebrews that are within VHBL?

orly3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tested that, but if the homebrew supports being loaded as a pboot, it should work.

Sweet, thanks for that. Gonna try it later. c:
Let me know how it goes :)

Last edited by orly3,

Poopman1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you open the auto-bubble.bat file in a text editor and search for exho you miss typed echo for verifying what you named the bubble.

Reactions: orly3

mr.an

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This appears to work fine, just wondering if there is something I am missing about the process.
I made a back up of the app file, but once I was done it was not obvious to me where the " 'bkpapp.db'"
was placed, I will look some more.
So what I have is a new file that I named "clone" at
ux0:Pspemu/PSP/GAME/
clone/
_sce_ebootpbp 512 B (same size as original)
EBOOT.PBP 461.50MB (same size as original)
PBOOT.PBP 91.47kb - which was not in the original

So is there any thing else I can do with this new pboot file at this time?
I kind of expected that this would create a new bubble for me.
Not being critical, just clueless.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no idea why a :P was placed where I typed :Pspmu/PSP/GAME/. Sorry for the typo.

orly3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Were you cloning a psp bubble that was already on the vita?
The app downloads your original bubble automatically, then downloads/modifies your app.db file.
Then it automatically uploads the clone bubble and the modified app.db file.
The bkpapp.db file is placed in the root directory of the script (on your pc, not the vita).
After the process, you should just reboot your vita and a new bubble will be on the last page of your homescreen.
If the bkpapp.db file is missing, something must have gone wrong during the script.
Did it take a while to download/upload the bubbles (depending on your internet connection and the base bubble size, 5mins+)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...