Hacking Australian online users help please

noonzascript

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
has any1 shopped at www.quantronics.com.au?
i want to get a cyclods and this is the only place that supports paypal that i know of.
is this place safe? good service? etc

thx

Aleatz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aleatz.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I bought a DSTT from Quantronics and I can recommend it. There have been lots of fake DSTT cards going around, but mine was genuine and great quality (Micro SD card didn't stick out, etc.). They also managed to ship it in less than 5 business days, which is good considering people have been waiting for stuff from other stores for months. You could probably shop around to find better prices, but the Cyclo seems like it's alright value there.

noonzascript

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thx for replying Aleatz
smile.gif
waited 2 days for a reply

Aleatz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
aleatz.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I just checked out the Cyclo on Oz Mod Chips, and Quantronics is slightly cheaper ($4 difference and both offer free shipping). That said, I couldn't see a Micro SD bundle with the Cyclo on Quantronics (which is odd, because they have them with DSTT, EDGE, R4...). So if you're looking on buying a Micro SD card also, you might as well go with Oz Mod Chips. Unless you can find a bundle on Quantronics somewhere...

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aleatz said:
I just checked out the Cyclo on Oz Mod Chips, and Quantronics is slightly cheaper ($4 difference and both offer free shipping). That said, I couldn't see a Micro SD bundle with the Cyclo on Quantronics (which is odd, because they have them with DSTT, EDGE, R4...). So if you're looking on buying a Micro SD card also, you might as well go with Oz Mod Chips. Unless you can find a bundle on Quantronics somewhere...
Just bear in mind free shipping = no CycloDS tin. Should you wish to also receive the tin you will need to part with some more $. The website states this.
I think its usually wise to buy the microsd elsewhere, as buyers normally get screwed on 'bundles'. You're usually better advised to check out your local computer swap meet for mem cards & the like for great prices.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
paypal have a policy agaisnt wiimodchips
we cannot provide payment via this method without getting our money frozen

Quantronics is fine, they are good guys
just remember free postage on their website is regular post
no tracking, not registered post, no insurance....

Different than what we offer

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
OzModChips said:
What about providing PayPal-support for users who buy other stuff, like DS flashcards? If such a thing was possible, I'm sure more people would buy at OzModChips.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
OzModChips said:
What about providing PayPal-support for users who buy other stuff, like DS flashcards? If such a thing was possible, I'm sure more people would buy at OzModChips.

Its pretty hard to only allow paypal for certain products on your website.
We are the biggest flash card seller in australia, and we definately don't need paypal for it. Actually, when we disbaled paypal and added our credit card gateway our sales increases by a large percentage. Our dealings with paypal in the past have been pretty shit. They will give money back to a buyer if the item is not trackable online. The cheapest way to get a trackable item properly within australia is $14 for express post platinum. We have free postage on all items...so factoring in $14 would be impossible

quantronics accepts paypal with no tracking at all, not even buy phone etc.
So anyone, and i mean anyone, can just click their some buttons in paypal, and in 30 seconds, Mr. Quantronics doesn't have his money.

ozmodchips is very busy without the need to accept --> i love this picture
i can take one everyday like this if you want
smile.gif

ozmoddwf9.jpg

noonzascript

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
paypal sucks..i placed my cyclods order at quantronics last tuesday and its finally confirmed i think

anyways wat does "Awaiting Shipment" mean in order status at quantronics??

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Modariffic does support paypal but there will be a little charge to cover his fees which is fair enough.
Just email them.
Also Modariffic is alot cheaper then everyone else.
Never ever had a problem with paypal.

Cheers

noonzascript

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
modariffic stop paypal, because they said paypal cut them off coz it was illegal to sell something of one of the DS flash card or something..

its in their forums

Whunup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quantronics are a good company to deal with, very professional and speedy.

Funny the whole Paypal thing be mentioned as well, i paid via Bank transfer at Modariffic and would of preferred Paypal at the time but for the price of $49.95 i couldnt help myself...
ph34r.gif

Looking at thier forums like mentioned above it seems they are in stock and accepting orders via Paypal? see how things go i guess..

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whunup said:
Funny the whole Paypal thing be mentioned as well, i paid via Bank transfer at Modariffic and would of preferred Paypal at the time but for the price of $49.95 i couldnt help myself...
ph34r.gif
I snapped one up at $49.95 too
smile.gif

Too bad they got threatened by TC since the price was too low (it was about $40 USD). It was like what happened to DX when they stocked the Cyclo's at $36 USD (or close to that).

Whunup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swip said:
Whunup said:
ph34r.gif
I snapped one up at $49.95 too
smile.gif

Too bad they got threatened by TC since the price was too low (it was about $40 USD). It was like what happened to DX when they stocked the Cyclo's at $36 USD (or close to that).

Yeah, sucks i wanted another two... but im thinking the price its at isnt too bad.. like $62AUD which is about 50USD? real deal huh?
yaynds.gif

So noonzascript- just letting you know that you have two options now! Hope it doesnt make your decision too hard ;p

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question: Considering Quantronics is stocking the CycloDS now, is it possible to do a pickup from their storefront? It does say on their site but I want some clarification. If so, then i'd say it's pretty good value, for people in the Sydney area at least - you get the tin as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill