AUSTRALIA

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
For the past 6 years new people I meet keep asking me if I'm from Australia (true story). Apparently my accent sounds like it's got traces of Australian in it (along with several UK counties thanks to being at Uni). Does that count?
biggrin.gif

karamu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any of you guys ever picnic over at Hanging Rock...
.. if so, did you ever come back?
ph34r.gif
Although i now live in Japan, I was born and raised until 22 years of age right near Hanging Rock. It is a really great place and they have horse races there every year. my school was also right near there and i climbed it many times. in fact first time i got drunk was up the top of the rock at the festival called Rock at the Rock. I'm surprised you know about that picnic at hanging rock story.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised you know about that picnic at hanging rock story.
I'm a fan of the movie director Peter Weir, Picnic at Hanging Rock and The Last Wave being my faves, so I looked into the hanging rock story just a bit. I love stuff like that, even though I'm a skeptic, I've got a soft spot for "supernaturally tinged" areas. I live near The Devil's Tramping Grounds in NC, a 40 foot circle out in the woods where supposedly nothing grows, everything left in the circle is gone the next morning, etc... I'm sure there's nothing supernatural to it, but I love the ghost stories nonetheless.

karamu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm a fan of the movie director Peter Weir, Picnic at Hanging Rock and The Last Wave being my faves, so I looked into the hanging rock story just a bit. I love stuff like that, even though I'm a skeptic, I've got a soft spot for "supernaturally tinged" areas. I live near The Devil's Tramping Grounds in NC, a 40 foot circle out in the woods where supposedly nothing grows, everything left in the circle is gone the next morning, etc... I'm sure there's nothing supernatural to it, but I love the ghost stories nonetheless.
well i can now understand you knowing it.
smile.gif
as for this place in NC, i'm going to have to remember this for sure when i make my way to the states one day. sounds bloody interesting.
ph34r.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

well i can now understand you knowing it.
smile.gif
as for this place in NC, i'm going to have to remember this for sure when i make my way to the states one day. sounds bloody interesting.
ph34r.gif
Well, if I ever get to Australia, I'll be sure to get sloshed at Hanging Rock and look for UFO's!
Actually when I do my world tour, I'll definitely hit Australia (Opium's gonna let me sleep on his couch..
biggrin.gif
) My only issue with the place is that I hear even the kittens are venomous. I mean, you wake up, shake the scorpions out of your bed, have a cup of coffee while having to simultaneously fend off all the snakes, get out the door (if you're very lucky) and BAM! the tasmanian devils are all over you. I wonder how there's any human population left there at all!
You Aussies got my respect!
bow.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
My only issue with the place is that I hear even the kittens are venomous. I mean, you wake up, shake the scorpions out of your bed, have a cup of coffee while having to simultaneously fend off all the snakes, get out the door (if you're very lucky) and BAM! the tasmanian devils are all over you. I wonder how there's any human population left there at all!
You Aussies got my respect!
bow.gif

laugh.gif

Well when you say it like that. Gives me something to think about when I wake up tomorrow covered in scorpions.

mirun100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On the subject of the Australian Cricket team, they got what was coming to them. Geez just about everyone bar Gilly and Hussey were starting to be incredibly egotistical.

roguefan99

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
On the subject of the Australian Cricket team, they got what was coming to them. Geez just about everyone bar Gilly and Hussey were starting to be incredibly egotistical.

I'd include Gilly in the egotistical lot, he was one of the ones saying "we'll get a 400 this summer". Hopefully this will bring them back to earth before the world cup.

mirun100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah really? Hmmmm usually he seems like the most down to earth guy. I mean he doesnt appeal when he doesnt think it was out, he walks when he thinks hes out...etc. I reallly think NZ deserved a victory against Australia. Hmmm Chappel-Hadlee trophy should be hella interesting.

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
australia = best trip i ever plan on taking.. (not yet)
i'm looking to study business abroad here for maybe 6 months. i've never been but i hear you guys don't hate americans like the europeans do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4