PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
It's because Australia is such an awesome place and Australians only like awesome places. Therefore, GBAtemp
smile.gif

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
Goddamn nationalism....

I am also Australian but I sure as hell don't support most things we are doing in the world at the moment.

Although I do acknowledge that our country is *somewhat* cool, all they need to do is give me some decent broadband. And no people, ADSL2+ is not decent enough dammit
smile.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Goddamn nationalism....

I am also Australian but I sure as hell don't support most things we are doing in the world at the moment.

Although I do acknowledge that our country is *somewhat* cool, all they need to do is give me some decent broadband. And no people, ADSL2+ is not decent enough dammit
smile.gif

You're complaining? Dude I'm still on dialup here...
ohmy.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Australia is a lie created by the British.... like Belgium or Canada....

Just kidding.... cos we all know there's no such thing as Canada...

karamu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well im still a citizen of australia so yay for me. got a giant flag in my room, yay for me again. and i just played Australian football today, 3rd yay for me. but where do i live?

JAPAN!!! no plans to go back and live in australia. but still love the country.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
yeah, broadband here is bs.

Yup. While doing some work for the local newspaper I interviewed a Telstra Regional Director for a story on bad broadband coverage. She basically said that they won't increase ADSL coverage in regional areas unless the government intervenes and makes them do it. The thing is they rolled out the NextG network which is NOT a permanent broadband solution, it's for notebook users who are out and about that want internet by hooking up their mobile phone. The prices are ridiculous.

NextG network = Telstra owns and controls it. No other competitors can use it.

ADSL/cable etc = Telstra has to fork out the money for infustructure, but competing companies can use the infustructure.

Which do you think Telstra is going to spend their money on?

Short version: Yes broadband here is complete bs.

roguefan99

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're complaining? Dude I'm still on dialup here...
ohmy.gif

LOL Opium, I've got a whopping 33.6k dial up tonight, but I bet it will be back to 28.8k tommorrow. Yep thanks to Telstra who instead of upgrading our lines decided to rollout cable internet, but not actually allow connections to houses that it passes.

The best bit was I wrote to Helen Coonan explaining the "Telstra paradox" and she wrote back telling me I should apply with one of the three ADSL2+ ISPs in my area, of course which I all get rejected from (because of Telstra's crap lines).

Telstra are all about Monopolies, and our Government are all full of idiots.

The best one I like though is. Bigpond ADSL2+ is only avaliable in areas where competitors have ADSL2+ systems, however its avaliable to people behind RIMs (thats my tech blocker) but only for Bigpond accounts. Should give the ACCC a look at that, but then again they are pretty useless!

Oh as for the Aussies, I've told a fair few people to come here over the years because its a forum full of good info.

As for the cricket, England we'll get you back in the West Indies (that sounds kinda suss).

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On a note for ADSL2, I applied for it at my place here in Wollongong. I live less than a km from the exchange and I was rejected because of signal loss. I looked up a phone number from up the other end of my street (maybe 200m away) and the estimated speeds (through exetels page) was all of about 2mbit/s and they would be 500-600m from the exchange tops i guess (depends how the cabling is rolled out).

Broadband in Australia is a joke.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Goddamn nationalism....

Although I do acknowledge that our country is *somewhat* cool, all they need to do is give me some decent broadband. And no people, ADSL2+ is not decent enough dammit
smile.gif

I like your style desh_thiere... Whilst the country and people are cool, the government sure isn't representing it's people too well on the world stage at the moment...
mad.gif

Farami9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something odd to say

hey guys are any of you working / going to work in the mines / mining area?
anyone doing engineering...
all my mates in AUS are doing something mining at uni... I live in WA guess thats why...

Boom on mining BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1