boof222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
One of Australia's most infamous gangland bosses, Carl Williams, has been beaten to death in prison.

Police said Williams, 39, died of a cardiac arrest after sustaining head injuries in a fight with an inmate.

He was serving a minimum of 35 years at a high security prison in Melbourne for the murder of three gang rivals.

Commonly known as "Fat Boy", Williams was a well-known figure in Melbourne whose life of crime had been turned into a hit television series.

In a statement, Victoria police said they believe "an altercation occurred between Williams and another inmate" at Barwon Prison.

"Homicide squad detectives are at the scene and are investigating the circumstances," the statement said.

Williams' lawyer, Rob Stary, said his client had been in solitary confinement at the prison, supervised "every minute of every day" and only meeting other inmates during exercise periods.

"Whatever happened one would expect would have been supervised," Mr Stary told ABC News.

The BBC's Nick Bryant in Sydney says the baby-faced Williams was a central figure in Melbourne's gangland wars, in which 35 people were killed over a 20-year period.

He gained further notoriety with Underbelly, a hit television series charting his life, which became Australia's most-watched drama.

He was jailed in May 2007.

Source

Just heard about it on the news and decided to post as my first news topic

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
first thing i thought when i saw this was government conspiracy.

what easier way to get rid of someone who could be potentially annoying after a show like underbelly aired.

D

Deleted_171835

Good, I guess for those Aussies.
What if I get jailed for theft and get beaten by my inmates for no reason? It could easily happen given this guy was killed despite the supervision.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
SoulSnatcher said:
What if I get jailed for theft and get beaten by my inmates for no reason? It could easily happen given this guy was killed despite the supervision.
i'm pretty sure they had a reason for beating him to death
wink.gif

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
mercluke said:
SoulSnatcher said:
i'm pretty sure they had a reason for beating him to death
wink.gif

more like a whole lot of reasons $$$

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Edgedancer said:
I think it is all a bit suspicious. I dont really care for the victim but I think there may be more that the public doesn't know about.
yeah, kinda coincidental that he is murdered in jail same day that the government is copping flack for paying for his daughter's private schooling...

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
mercluke said:
Edgedancer said:
I think it is all a bit suspicious. I dont really care for the victim but I think there may be more that the public doesn't know about.
yeah, kinda coincidental that he is murdered in jail same day that the government is copping flack for paying for his daughter's private schooling...

they apparently don't have any cctv footage of the beating, either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1