Seraph

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone with a 3DS comment on the audio quality of the 3DS, both from the speakers and from headphones (mostly concerned about headphones)? I've read from one person it sounded great from his high-end headphones and good quality sound system. It would be great if it is on par with dedicated music player quality, or at least PSP's.

majkelpajkel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The speakers sound way better than the DS Lite at least, haven't tried DSi so do not know about those speakers.

As for headphones, I only have the in-ear headphones bundled with iPod Touch, but the sound is great with those too. I'd say that sound quality is close to equal to that of iPods, very satisfied with it.

Also love that they changed the position of the volume control - always changed the volume by mistake when playing my DS Lite.

majkel

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, the speakers sound pretty good and everything sounds nice with my BOSE earphones. There isn't as much customizability as my other MP3 players (Creative Zen and a iPod Touch), so it's not gonna take over as my primary music player, but I'll definitely throw a few albums on my SD card for times when I don't have my players with me.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country

Seraph

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oops, I thought I posted this in 3DS Hardware, not hacking...could a mod please move it?

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Good to hear it will sound good and I guess the limitation is the formats it supports (which now it actually supports mp3).

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the same audio hardware as used in DSi, just like they are using identical cameras...

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the same audio hardware as used in DSi, just like they are using identical cameras...
If they did, and upgraded only the speakers, I'd still be happy.

Developers skimped out on high quality music because the speakers were so poor that no one could tell the difference until you put in headphones. (See: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days compared to Radiant Historia)

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
pachura said:
No, the cameras are better this time, they are more sensitive to light thus less grainy. Picture resolution doesn't matter on a small screen.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamespot fed some direct audio into their live stream, and it sounds pretty damn good.

If you don't have an MP3, it could be a viable music player. Not very useful, but it can manage.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boombox said:
If you want to hear or yourself, Gamespot have done a full review of the 3DS.

They plugged speakers in to the headphone jack of the 3DS so that we could hear the quality.

http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/today-on-the-...g=topslot;img;2
(live coverage of unboxing 3DS and testing the system) it's 1 hours 20mins long, but you can download and play it

http://uk.gamespot.com/special_feature/nin...topslot;thumb;1
Best place to go (at the moment) if you want an idea of what the 3DS is like.

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Mar 6 2011, 12:09 AM) Gamespot fed some direct audio into their live stream, and it sounds pretty damn good.

If you don't have an MP3, it could be a viable music player. Not very useful, but it can manage.
That doesn't say anything about the speaker quality, only the audio processor.
The greatest audio system in the world is going to suck if you hook it up to a pair of cheapo unpowered stereo speakers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: