Audio Crackling

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Prior22, Aug 1, 2012.

Aug 1, 2012

Audio Crackling by Prior22 at 12:51 PM (1,936 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Prior22
    OP

Member Prior22 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    While using gpSP kai to play Mario and Luigi Superstars there is a crackling type noise after each battle is completed. I've tried tweaking the audio frequency setting and this did not help. Would using a different GBA emulator for PSP help eliminate this problem (such as PSPGBA). Also I've heard Golden Sun is virtually unplayable on kai. what are the issues while playing? and is it possible to play this game with little to no glitching using a different GBA emulator.

2. redfalcon

Member redfalcon GBATemp Member

Germany
    Golden Sun and most other Camelot games are more or less unplayable, on any PSP emulator. I found the the sound crackling is a lot less noticeable with gpsp-J.

3. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    The psp GBA emulator is good, not perfect. Even if you have perfect frame rate, you can still have crackily sound, which means the game isnt running at 100%. You might just have to deal with it. I played M&L on kai earlier this year with almost no problems.

Golden sun on the other hand is almost unplayable on any emulator, especially Lost Age.

4. redfalcon

Germany
    No, gpsp-kai even crackles if it is running at 100% without frameskipping. I found it especially hearable in Pokemon Firered (right at the beginning in Pallet Town) and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (also at the beginning). It depends on the game (and probably on the actual ROM, PSP model etc), but it definitely not perfect in terms of sound emulation.

5. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    What i meant was if you have crackling you might have 100% of your frames but not the entire game.

1 person likes this.
  6. redfalcon

Germany
    True, but it can also be an emulator issue. Sorry if that wasn't clear.