Hacking Audio Crackling

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While using gpSP kai to play Mario and Luigi Superstars there is a crackling type noise after each battle is completed. I've tried tweaking the audio frequency setting and this did not help. Would using a different GBA emulator for PSP help eliminate this problem (such as PSPGBA). Also I've heard Golden Sun is virtually unplayable on kai. what are the issues while playing? and is it possible to play this game with little to no glitching using a different GBA emulator.

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Golden Sun and most other Camelot games are more or less unplayable, on any PSP emulator. I found the the sound crackling is a lot less noticeable with gpsp-J.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The psp GBA emulator is good, not perfect. Even if you have perfect frame rate, you can still have crackily sound, which means the game isnt running at 100%. You might just have to deal with it. I played M&L on kai earlier this year with almost no problems.

Golden sun on the other hand is almost unplayable on any emulator, especially Lost Age.

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The psp GBA emulator is good, not perfect. Even if you have perfect frame rate, you can still have crackily sound, which means the game isnt running at 100%. You might just have to deal with it. I played M&L on kai earlier this year with almost no problems.

No, gpsp-kai even crackles if it is running at 100% without frameskipping. I found it especially hearable in Pokemon Firered (right at the beginning in Pallet Town) and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (also at the beginning). It depends on the game (and probably on the actual ROM, PSP model etc), but it definitely not perfect in terms of sound emulation.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, gpsp-kai even crackles if it is running at 100% without frameskipping. I found it especially hearable in Pokemon Firered (right at the beginning in Pallet Town) and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (also at the beginning). It depends on the game (and probably on the actual ROM, PSP model etc), but it definitely not perfect in terms of sound emulation.
What i meant was if you have crackling you might have 100% of your frames but not the entire game.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s