ROM Hack Attempting to hack Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 3's graphics

Aeducan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hello! I hope this is the correct place to ask this. I'm a complete newbie at hacking DS games and I've been attempting to hack and extract the graphics/game sprites from TokimemoGS3, but unfortunately I found that I wasn't able to find a way to extract/convert the .lzs files that I assume the images are in, so I asked the TMGS comm on LJ and was directed here, so I was hoping that you guys would be able to help me, please?

Aeducan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Would you happen to have a tutorial you could recommend?
ohmy.gif
As I've mentioned I've read another tutorial before and I've managed to extract the regular files using NDSHeader but it's just the LZ77 compression that I'm blocked on since, unlike the first game I've tried (Lux-Pain), I couldn't use TiledGGD to edit the images and TMGS3 is pretty much the only other game I want to rip graphics for so I don't mind if it's a difficult to learn to hack for. Please help me :'(

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll pm you some rom hacking help and tutorials.

Just letting you know, GS3 is almost unhackable right now.
Which is why my GS3 project is currently on hold.
Did the graphics, just waiting for the encoding and script files to be figured out so a text editor can be made.

Aeducan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Thank you! I'll be waiting for your pm ;w;b

Ahhh I see, but at least the graphics can be ripped right? Because again, that's all I'm looking to do, not anything else elaborate ^^;

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aeducan said:
Thank you! I'll be waiting for your pm ;w;b

Ahhh I see, but at least the graphics can be ripped right? Because again, that's all I'm looking to do, not anything else elaborate ^^;

Yeah, the graphics are easy once you decompress the files, export and import, then save and compress, been there done that in that area
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: