OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif
Yesh! I got a Piano, 3 weeks ago. Early Christmas Present.
wink.gif

I am one hell of a fast learner, so yeah. I can play many pieces of music.
dry.gif

I have trouble on some songs though. They require timing of both hands, in which my hands always try to match up with each other's playing speed/tempo, screwing up the song!

How can I solve this problem? I'm thinking the answer is practice, but it doesn't seem to improve.

~Nero

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How can I solve this problem? I'm thinking the answer is practice, but it doesn't seem to improve.

practice is the answer, but a good way to start is to look for some starter sheetmusic ( I have done it with John Thompson a long time ago) that way you practice reading the sheetmusic and separating your hands in your brain
smile.gif

and no I'm not a good pianoplayer... but my brother is

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
no, Its a series of techniques which are usable for players and not just toward Pros, And I dont think you've seen John Petrucci videos since he is the same way as Jordan's.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
"My Guitars were hand painted by some guy called Gandhi... my Amps can change the temperature of the sun... I'm better than you... etc"

Is this how people learn instruments nowadays? You'll never get far without a real teacher...

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just practice, practice, practice! I did and I've been playing keyboard for 4 yrs now w/o any help or tuition whatsoever and I've been told many times that I'm really good.

Sort of off topic: I made a couple of vids on YouTube playing To Zanarkand and Yuna's Ballad if you wanna check 'em out. Search my username lewislite

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Christ.
THERE IS NO MAGIC SOLUTION TO PLAYING AN INSTRUMENT!! [/CAPS] The only way to develop skills like that is to PRACTICE. You can't just pick up an instrument and all of sudden have all the technique of a seasoned pro. Go online, find some finger exercises and practice them.

Regardless of whether or not you can play a few diddies, if you don't practice proper technique then you may as well just buy a $50 synthesizer, and you can't develop proper technique by immediately jumping into different songs.

Learn your scales, your fingerings, basic chords, chord theory. If you were developing technique the way you should then by the time you were ready to start learning songs, you wouldn't need to know how to move your hands independently. Playing songs before proper technique is established just causes bad habits.

Google some technique sheets, YouTube some beginners lessons. There are tons of resources out there. There are sites where you can download entire technique books.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
The basic Still Alive broken chord is easy. I can't believe so many people butcher it on youtube.

Butchered and Incorrect:

(If you think that's fine, good for you. If you have a decent memory (perfect pitch helps) and have listened to the original song a few times, some of it's just wrong - beginning with where in the original song the lyrics "...except the one's who are dead" are sung, the left hand should continue with a Bb minor7 broken chord. I may be a perfectionist, but it bugs me. Would you put up a performance if it wasn't good?)

Good Performance with multiple parts recorded pre-performance:

On topic: If you're going to play "Still Alive", don't put it on youtube until you can actually play the piano, for which I still recommend getting a teacher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021