Hacking Atmosphère With Sig Patches From ReiNX

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frankly, I don't agree with what is going on here. Surely there are ways you can distribute these files more openly, like anything that isn't a sketchy website. Unfortunately for you, with the distributed Darth Meteos stash, who you so forgetfully did not credit, there are SHA256 hashes so computer savvy, and some commands so not so computer savvy folks can compare hashes to make sure their files are legit. Do you have any proof that these distributed files will not completely kill a user's switch?

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just write reiswitched team then. I'll add the readme too. The sig patches got removed from the server, I am not referring to it. Some people prefer atmosphere, I don't have anything any against ReiNX lol, and I appreciate everything you guys have done. I have also removed the link shortener. Anything else? I have no problem in changing this if needed.
Really, in the end, this is all systemic shit. This thread is a tutorial but it's labelled as a release. It's a retread of a thread that's already open, and while my name is present, the names of the other people who are super important to these files aren't listed. You're making a 'release' based on the work of people who aren't you. When I make my stash posts, I'm standing on the shoulders of giants, and simply putting it together for the benefit of the end-user. You seem to be trying to do the same thing, but you entered into it with a profit motive and no understanding of the files you're using, nor their limitations.

Fixing this would require a total rewrite of the motivations, packaging and even terminology used. This is- at best- a tutorial to use ReiNX ES patches on Atmosphere. At worst, and as it seems to be, it's an attempt to acquire fame or notoriety by using the achievements of people who aren't you.

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really, in the end, this is all systemic shit. This thread is a tutorial but it's labelled as a release. It's a retread of a thread that's already open, and while my name is present, the names of the other people who are super important to these files aren't listed. You're making a 'release' based on the work of people who aren't you. When I make my stash posts, I'm standing on the shoulders of giants, and simply putting it together for the benefit of the end-user. You seem to be trying to do the same thing, but you entered into it with a profit motive and no understanding of the files you're using, nor their limitations.

Fixing this would require a total rewrite of the motivations, packaging and even terminology used. This is- at best- a tutorial to use ReiNX ES patches on Atmosphere. At worst, and as it seems to be, it's an attempt to acquire fame or notoriety by using the achievements of people who aren't you.
I have no care of fame or any of that lol. Just wanna help. I will re-write it if necessary, sorry for this mess. I had none of these intentions.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no care of fame or any of that lol. Just wanna help. I will re-write it if necessary, sorry for this mess. I had none of these intentions.
It really doesn't look that way, I'm sorry to say.
They have police on the internet? Someone better tell dark mentos
that's racist

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's one of the points they were trying to make. You shouldn't lock this thread and make a new one. You should lock this one and update your original with the new information.

Edit:Also, if you do make a new thread, don't bother with the release tag because you aren't a dev releasing something. You're just a random dude who copied a few files and zipped them together. Don't give yourself credit you don't deserve.

Last edited by Crusatyr,

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not racist, its the fresh maker
s-stay fresh? c:
Just PM me what to change and include, I'll lock this thread once I make a new one.
I don't particularly want to write out a post for you to take the credit for, nor am I particularly pleased with the idea of seeing the files people worked on for me and others to be used in this manner, to get attention. You can't post the signature patches here, so you can only make a tutorial that explains exactly how to use the kips/patches with Atmosphere without actually having files to link to. With the guide I made for ReiNX, I have a whole infrastructure to get these files to people as best as I can, but you'd just be taking advantage of my hard work to benefit yourself.

I have no desire to talk to you about repairing this. I will be adding this method as a footnote in my F.A.Q to assist anyone who wants or cares to use these files on other CFWs, I personally have been using them with Hekate when I needed LayeredFS. I feel deeply insulted by the way you've approached this, and so do my team, who are working all hours to move these files around with no personal benefit except their own satisfaction that they've helped out. Even if you are genuinely remorseful about what you've done, (I see no reason nor evidence you are except your word) it doesn't change the fact that I don't need nor want to assist you in using our hard work any more. It's in the hands of the mods, now.

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
s-stay fresh? c:

I don't particularly want to write out a post for you to take the credit for, nor am I particularly pleased with the idea of seeing the files people worked on for me and others to be used in this manner, to get attention. You can't post the signature patches here, so you can only make a tutorial that explains exactly how to use the kips/patches with Atmosphere without actually having files to link to. With the guide I made for ReiNX, I have a whole infrastructure to get these files to people as best as I can, but you'd just be taking advantage of my hard work to benefit yourself.

I have no desire to talk to you about repairing this. I will be adding this method as a footnote in my F.A.Q to assist anyone who wants or cares to use these files on other CFWs, I personally have been using them with Hekate when I needed LayeredFS. I feel deeply insulted by the way you've approached this, and so do my team, who are working all hours to move these files around with no personal benefit except their own satisfaction that they've helped out. Even if you are genuinely remorseful about what you've done, (I see no reason nor evidence you are except your word) it doesn't change the fact that I don't need nor want to assist you in using our hard work any more. It's in the hands of the mods, now.
Fair enough. But wouldn't this also mean all tutorials using ReiNX would be in this same situation.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m surprised devs aren’t using the ancient tradition of emails and perhaps a little Dropbox folder to share, test, and work from. Why do all this in public, with github, discord, and whatever else. I mean, maybe some of the work is done behind “closed doors”, but if I wanted to protect my work, I’d do something like this. I’m just an outsider looking in, but it seems people are going to have to start hiding their work.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m surprised devs aren’t using the ancient tradition of emails and perhaps a little Dropbox folder to share, test, and work from. Why do all this in public, with github, discord, and whatever else. I mean, maybe some of the work is done behind “closed doors”, but if I wanted to protect my work, I’d do something like this. I’m just an outsider looking in, but it seems people are going to have to start hiding their work.
Open source is a minefield of shit like this, but- in the end- it is far superior to the alternative.

Reactions: tiliarou

KsAmJ

Trophies
XP
What you should have just done is update your tutorial to reflect new support for 2.X and 3.X and the files that you tell people to download without making a new thread. This might cause some confusion especially since you have another thread that originally had the files but now is empty.
i believe he want to collect view and rank up quickly, level wise

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i believe he want to collect view and rank up quickly, level wise
No, ranks mean nothing. Why does everyone assume I have an ulterior motive:rofl:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

u don't need to make anything . U gonna end up bricking some people stuff. Just close your thread and don't make another. Smh
There is nothing here that bricks anything, some people are just getting pissed that I posted this. I am trying to fix that.

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, ranks mean nothing. Why does everyone assume I have an ulterior motive:rofl:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is nothing here that bricks anything, some people are just getting pissed that I posted this. I am trying to fix that.
as a sign of good faith, please replace the difficult to navigate pay per click links on your facebook with direct links. i know you are an honest gentleman but some of the others think you are doing this for monetary reasons.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think everyone needs to calm down, Lunalik tutorials contribute to the scene, the guy is trying to make things right. If devs are angry, maybe just ask him to remove the post? I dunno maybe the mods will decide something?

Last edited by Ericthegreat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢