1. rrdein

OP rrdein Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm trying to find a way to transfer games to my Switch without removing the SD card. I haven't explored FTP yet, because I hear USB is much faster. My understanding from some time ago is that Atmosphere doesn't support USB loading. Is that still true, and is there any workaround?

2. Perestroika

Perestroika Member
    Newcomer

Swaziland
    convert XCI to NSP using "4nxci" and use "Goldleaf" and "Quark" to install via USB from your PC

DarknessPlay3r likes this.
  3. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    Or you can use Awoo + NS-Usbloader and not even bother converting xci to nsp. Because Awoo supports all the file types.

Hologram likes this.
  4. Tokiwa

Tokiwa GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Atmosphere doesn't support loading XCI currently. However you can install the XCI directly via usb with Awoo Installer or by converting to NSP with tools like nsc_builder or 4nxci.

EDIT: Right i'm dumb from not reading properly, you just want to transfer files via USB cable right? You can do that with latest Hekate, it supports mounting your SD card to your PC.

Last edited by Tokiwa, Jul 22, 2020
  5. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I think the point is not to have to install uninstall games, nothing like copying to the sd card and be done.

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You can install .XCI and .NSP files via USB with Atmosphere. Atmosphere merely doesn't support mounting .XCI files via USB.

Hologram likes this.
  7. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Maniac

Colombia
    You can use an HDD in FAT32 / ExFat to store your backups, use fsusb from Xortroll and Goldleaf. It will have a speed of 23 / 30MB in the installation.

Hologram likes this.
  8. Hologram

Hologram GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hitting 42.0MBS with Awoo. Does fluctuate from 25-42MBS. Always looking for faster ways to install though.

Last edited by Hologram, Dec 3, 2020
  9. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Maniac

Colombia
    Keep in mind that I am using a Seagete Computer HDD, with a SATA to USB converter and a USB to USB-C OTG, a relatively slow connection. I imagine that with a more modern HDD and a better quality converter it will improve the reading.
    For MTP transmission (USB-Loader / Quark) a good USB cable is necessary, preferably USB-C to USB 3.0

10. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    It was slow because fspusb and goldleaf were slow. Using a different installer and hdd library nets around 31 MB/sec. USB HDD will never be as fast as pure USB install due to filesystem overhead and some other stuff. but 31MB vs 40MB is close enough.

peteruk and Hologram like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphere, Loading,