Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course I know that. But the main problem is that we dunno what happened in background since your app is closed source.

Should I trust you ?

@blawar I will stop that now, I'm bored, I just hope this will end better than what it is actually

Last edited by chocoboss,

Y0sh1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I like the way having nut running on the PC and pointing to my local folder with nsp files, the updates available for installed games show up in tinfoil. That is the only reason I use it

But I also like plain Atmosphere and trust it better, so I just don't update tinfoil

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason is known: firmware installs and incognito install. You are spreading fud :)
There are two sane options:

1. Maintain Incognito / firmware updating as separate programs (or one separate program) -- and then you can rightfully say Atmosphere doesn't support its use, but its use is its purpose.
2. Gracefully degrade those options so the rest of Tinfoil -- the title installing parts -- still work even if we don't open our systems up.

You dont need a github to know the app needs access to nand to install firmware.
Sure, but while I respect your decision not to keep tinfoil open-source, some of the other decisions you make seem shady, and we can't double-check the source, so like, why trust it, from our perspective?

Reactions: Mindhunter123

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Tin foil hat conspiracy theories about wanting to steal certs aren’t really helpful. But the fact that certain other CFW are blocked regardless of their ability to install homebrew NSP as well as enforcing a certain type of kips (using Soviet-style ‘whataboutism’ as justification) shows that practical limitations are not the only consideration.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blawar I am using your NEUTOS fork of Atmosphere for ease of using tinfoil. I utilize both Atmosphere (NEUTOS) and SXOS and have run into an issue using Argon NX. NEUTOS also uses boot.dat for loading so when trying to reboot to SXOS it keeps sending me back to NEUTOS obviously. Is it possible to have NEUTOS load under a slightly different name, or can someone here guide me to a workaround?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nintendo's standard, the most standard of standards :rofl2:
What are you even talking about? The issue here is you are refusing to use the standardized homebrew environment that virtually every other homebrew developer uses, instead using a homebrew NSP. The issue is also that you require Tinfoil to have certain privileges that, publically, aren't needed by the app for anything other than system update installs and Incognito.

This is all your prerogative, but don't act like Atmosphere is blocking Tinfoil (it's the other way around) or that wanting a standardized homebrew environment has anything to do with it.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blawar I am using your NEUTOS fork of Atmosphere for ease of using tinfoil. I utilize both Atmosphere (NEUTOS) and SXOS and have run into an issue using Argon NX. NEUTOS also uses boot.dat for loading so when trying to reboot to SXOS it keeps sending me back to NEUTOS obviously. Is it possible to have NEUTOS load under a slightly different name, or can someone here guide me to a workaround?

Neutos is not my fork.

AamitMorthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me out with this? I'm having trouble launching into homebrew menu using the album or even an app. It just crashes. I tried the most recent files from nx-hbloader, kosmos, atmosphere.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This can be turned on in sysmmc by setting blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1 in exosphere.ini, and in emummc by setting blank_prodinfo_emummc=1 in exosphere.ini.

So If I understand, if I put blank_prodinfo_emummc=1 in exosphere.ini this will make my switch as if it is in incognito mode ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-