Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

rad.i.kal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats the prob, people do not know what they want/need. They just know they are getting a CFW but don't know anything about it. I am familiar with my wii boot 2 hack and that was fun, I have the 3ds and i got FBI and CIA stuff on there, got some games and home brew and roms. I pretty much only want that on switch, and a cfw will likely allow for channel creation etc. It cando more, but who knows.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think somebody needs to make it clear what this CFW is gonna do for people. Backup loading isn't coming with the CFW..But after. U can eventually update...and homebrew..emunand is kinda big for some. But backup loading is the ticket. I just don't think people know what this is gonna do for them. Excited for possibly nothing. At first.

Last edited by link42586,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think somebody needs to make it clear what this CFW is gonna do for people. Backup loading isn't coming with the CFW..But after. U can eventually update...and homebrew..emunand is kinda big for some. But backup loading is the ticket. I just don't think people know what this is gonna do for them. Excited for possibly nothing. At first.
It's been made clear multiple times that atmosphere won't add backup loading on its own

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The wait is for A CFW that does exactly what we are already doing....Homebrew..The thing most people are wanting isn't going to come for some time after release of CFW (backup loader). So i'm not sure what the buzz is about. This isn't going to be what everyone thinks it's gonna be. Correct me if i'm wrong. What will this bring that most can't do now. Other than emunand and the things that go with that?
Actually the ppl are waiting for emunand, a thing that Atmosphere whould wring, and whit that you can update, whitout realy updating.
and the homebrew whould be expanded whit a cfw a lot.
Everyone knows that atmosphere do not include backup loading, that has been said times and times again

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wait is for A CFW that does exactly what we are already doing....Homebrew..The thing most people are wanting isn't going to come for some time after release of CFW (backup loader). So i'm not sure what the buzz is about. This isn't going to be what everyone thinks it's gonna be. Correct me if i'm wrong. What will this bring that most can't do now. Other than emunand and the things that go with that?

A more complete and stable end-user experience.

D

Deleted User

I'm sure someone is working on updating the homebrew menu to 5.1. Even it may seem that Atmosphere's release is imminent, clearly it's not ready for the general public (or even developers).

I hope so if not I will buy a new switch and give this one to my nephew.

@Minox thanks for deleting (i was trying out to contact you guys to do it) I’m really sorry about the silly argue. Will have more attention on how I write (can be a bit susceptible to some users) once again sorry

Reactions: Red1Reaper

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Actually the ppl are waiting for emunand, a thing that Atmosphere whould wring, and whit that you can update, whitout realy updating.
Everyone knows that atmosphere do not include backup loading, that has been said times and times again
Emunand is cool and all.. But like the 3DS it'll be put on the backburner and forgotten by users unless they feel they really need it.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well 3ds had not efuses, now there is a real reason to actually use emunand
Maybe. I've yet to see any reason to stay low on FW unless you're below 4.1... Which, I'm not. :o Wondering what we'll see this time around.

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Maybe. I've yet to see any reason to stay low on FW unless you're below 4.1... Which, I'm not. :o Wondering what we'll see this time around.
Well, maybe in the future a new firmware adds features that can be used to hack the console on to softmod, and people that are not equal or down 4.1 want to stop updating at that update

Reactions: Kioku

veddermandan

Trophies
Website
youtu.be
XP
Country
Australia

What do you need emunand for if not for loading backups? People claim this is the best part of Atmosphere. But as there is no backup loader what is the actual point of emunand?

Jungle_Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you need emunand for if not for loading backups? People claim this is the best part of Atmosphere. But as there is no backup loader what is the actual point of emunand?
Low SysNAND (so if a cold-booting or launching from OFW into CFW is ever possible you can), whilst being able to update the emuNAND to the lastest firmware(to beable to update games, play online, etc)

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
emunand is not for backup loader. is for updating whitout updating the sysnand and blowing efuses

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well, maybe in the future a new firmware adds features that can be used to hack the console on to softmod, and people that are not equal or down 4.1 want to stop updating at that update
That's a fair point. Choice is great. :o I like doing things the hard way.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever said Atmosphere won't come up with a backup launcher? Not at launch obviously, but...
With the amount of info available now, coding a backup loader would take 15 minutes.

That is a direct quote from someone who knows what they are on about.
according to T-hug.

veddermandan

Trophies
Website
youtu.be
XP
Country
Australia
emunand is not for backup loader. is for updating whitout updating the sysnand and blowing efuses

Thats what i mean you really only want to update to play the latest games on emunand.
It may be the only way to update games for now but it definitely wasn't that way for other consoles and there will be a modable update system eventually.
And well i believe you should be banned from playing online with modded consoles and game saves. If you want to play online you should buy 2 consoles

WrestlinFan

Currently jobbing to Kevin Nash
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever said Atmosphere won't come up with a backup launcher? Not at launch obviously, but...according to T-hug.
I absolutely do not understand why people seem to think a backup loader isn't happening, just because it isn't going to be a stock Atmosphere feature. The whole point of a CFW is to be freed from the restrictions of the OFW, not to have a different set of restrictions set in place .

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I absolutely do not understand why people seem to think a backup loader isn't happening, just because it isn't going to be a stock Atmosphere feature. The whole point of a CFW is to be freed from the restrictions of the OFW, not to have a different set of restrictions set in place .
Maybe because they think that because they're not adding it at launch that ReSwitched is adding in some form of anti-piracy measures to prevent people developing backup launching which is kinda impossible what with it being open-source and all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think they stopped making it due to disks exploding lol