Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we scrap this CFW and build a new one with a catchier name?

Nintendon't was pretty witty.
Nintendon't is already taken by the wii u gamecube compatibility layer.

Plus it is a witty name if you actually know things about the switch and its OS

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A chargeback dispute is done through the customer service on your credit card, no lawyers required.

SciresM and team have made code that ignores the fuse check, won't be a problem. In fact, SciresM actually burned all 32 of his fuses in his Switch yet is still using and developing CFW on it.

switch only has 32 fuses?!?i believe switch has wayyyy more then that

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Now there is something bothering me about 'emunand'! Let's assume cfw can achieve that and we can use the latest ofw. I believe Nintendo must also be following the scene and preparing countermeasures in the form of a software patch to detect the cfw or 'emunand' scheme.:(
I really think this information should have been confidential:ninja:

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we scrap this CFW and build a new one with a catchier name?

Nintendon't was pretty witty.
It's a little rude to say we should scrap all of the hard work people have put forward simply because you don't like the name. I also don't see you forking the project and re-titling it.

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now there is something bothering me about 'emunand'! Let's assume cfw can achieve that and we can use the latest ofw. I believe Nintendo must also be following the scene and preparing countermeasures in the form of a software patch to detect the cfw or 'emunand' scheme.:(
I really think this information should have been confidential:ninja:

When you go online, Nintendo will have the means to know that you have modified it's hardware/software regardless of the method you choose (sysnand or emunand). Now, if they will do something about it (banwaves and such), that's entirely another question :D
they will

Reactions: metaljay

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
When you go online, Nintendo will have the means to know that you have modified it's hardware/software regardless of the method you choose (sysnand or emunand). Now, if they will do something about it (banwaves and such), that's entirely another question :D
they will
Any and all information sent to Nintendo from your console is under your direct control, as long as you aren't sending abnormal traffic (Different data, from a pirated game etc.) there is no way for Nintendo to tell you are running CFW. It can be 100% undetectable (If Atmosphere will be is a different question, but it is certainly possible its up to Nintendo how difficult)

For example Nintendo could start logging access times for different files. Nand chips and SD cards have different speeds so if these logs are send to Nintendo this could be used to detected Emunand. However the CFW could simply report back the expected access times (It's a cat and mouse game)

Reactions: lukhart

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i understand, but considering xbox 360 had like 192 efuses ,i highly doubt the switch only has 32,
There are 32 eFuses that get burnt on major update revisions, this has been confirmed by the Reswitched dev team. My guess is the XB360's bigger processor with more room to place the eFuses is why it has more. There are other fuses in the switch, but only 32 eFuses for downgrade prevention.

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I just made an account to post, been lurking for months)
I just had a random thought. Everyone keeps harping about how the Fusee Gelee image loading is painful with tethering--

Has anyone considered using a hacked zsun wifi dongle? Those things have supported openWRT for a very long time, and are VERY compact. They are essentially a single board computer powered by, and equipped with a USB port. (the default firmware puts the device in gadget mode, but a little pokery can put the port in normal mode.)

Here's my thoughts on high-portability booting:

Put a two position switch on the right joycon using the solder-pad hardmod approach. Position 1 is "open", (pins not shorted together), position 2 is "Closed", (pins shorted together.) 2 position slide switches are small, and would be fairly painless to install on a joycon. That way you dont have to keep jabbing things into the connector port, and you can turn off the behavior with the switch.

Payload provided via a hacked zsun in normal USB mode, attached with a USB-C adapter. Runs a boot script that starts the injector, which then waits for the switch. (or vise-versa, whichever boots faster. Possibly put a "Sleep 5" in the script so that we know for sure the switch booted first, etc.)

Tethered coldboot would then be as easy as "flip homebrew switch, Insert dongle, turn on."

When Atmosphere-NX reaches initial public release, I will see about getting the above working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, she is non binary