1. rayluc

OP rayluc Member
    Newcomer

I just upgraded to firmware 10.2.0 exfat and I’m getting the following errors when I boot my exfat formatted card but if put in a fat32 card it boots fine. Anyone ran into this issue? 06E1105D-BD72-4A26-8994-5FE19C2A2E71.jpeg @SciresM

Last edited by rayluc, Sep 18, 2020
  2. thesjaakspoiler

thesjaakspoiler GBAtemp Regular

Afghanistan
    rayluc likes this.
  3. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I've heard exfat has a high degree of possible corruption. I wouldn't use it.

4. rayluc

OP rayluc Member
    Newcomer

5. Rashka

Rashka Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I'm using exFat for years and never had any problems. Just look out to install OFW updates with ChoiDujour in "ExFat" mode.

godreborn and azoreseuropa like this.
  6. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    You heard correct but "possible" doesn't mean it will be corruption. Some got corruption for whatsoever reason and some don't like I do.

I had an exfat version before for a long time and never.. Yes, I am going to say "never" had an issues/problem at all. None whatsoever.

However, I changed to fat32 for the VERY different reason. I can go back to exfat if I wants to. :creep:

Glad that you resolved it and it have nothing to do with exfat, lol. ENJOY!

godreborn likes this.
  7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That doesn't mean you will never have a problem. Its already been confirmed that exFAT can corrupt your SD card. Its only a matter of time.

8. Rashka

Rashka Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I know, but I'm using exFat since Atmosphere 0.7.0. Only once got a problem last year when I tried Kosmos. AMS and ReiNX working without a hassle.
    Driving a car for years without a crash, doesn't mean that you will never have one either ;)

9. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I'm a legit user, and I'm using fat32. I was on the fence about it, but @Hayato213 suggested fat32. even legit users sometimes have problems with it from what he told me. and, considering I have a 1TB card with 113 games, I'm trying to be careful. I haven't seen a game with a 4GB+ file, so it's really for safety reasons. the system may split big files (if there are any), so exfat is kinda useless.

10. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    There's no journaling with exFAT. Meaning that if the drive corrupts from a bad eject or another reason you're toast.

godreborn likes this.
  11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That analogy doesn't work because there isn't an all-around safer alternative to driving a car unlike exFAT. With USB/network install as well as splitting files, there's absolutely no reason to use exFAT anymore.

godreborn likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphere, firmware,