Hacking Atmosphere and firmware 10.2.0

rayluc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just upgraded to firmware 10.2.0 exfat and I’m getting the following errors when I boot my exfat formatted card but if put in a fat32 card it boots fine. Anyone ran into this issue?
06E1105D-BD72-4A26-8994-5FE19C2A2E71.jpeg
@SciresM

Last edited by rayluc,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard exfat has a high degree of possible corruption. I wouldn't use it.

You heard correct but "possible" doesn't mean it will be corruption. Some got corruption for whatsoever reason and some don't like I do.

I had an exfat version before for a long time and never.. Yes, I am going to say "never" had an issues/problem at all. None whatsoever.

However, I changed to fat32 for the VERY different reason. I can go back to exfat if I wants to. :creep:

thankyou. i got it working again after updating mission control.

Glad that you resolved it and it have nothing to do with exfat, lol. ENJOY!

Reactions: godreborn

Rashka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know, but I'm using exFat since Atmosphere 0.7.0. Only once got a problem last year when I tried Kosmos. AMS and ReiNX working without a hassle.
Driving a car for years without a crash, doesn't mean that you will never have one either ;)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a legit user, and I'm using fat32. I was on the fence about it, but @Hayato213 suggested fat32. even legit users sometimes have problems with it from what he told me. and, considering I have a 1TB card with 113 games, I'm trying to be careful. I haven't seen a game with a 4GB+ file, so it's really for safety reasons. the system may split big files (if there are any), so exfat is kinda useless.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but I'm using exFat since Atmosphere 0.7.0. Only once got a problem last year when I tried Kosmos. AMS and ReiNX working without a hassle.
Driving a car for years without a crash, doesn't mean that you will never have one either ;)
That analogy doesn't work because there isn't an all-around safer alternative to driving a car unlike exFAT. With USB/network install as well as splitting files, there's absolutely no reason to use exFAT anymore.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse