Atmosphère 0.9.2 released, includes emuMMC fixes

atmosphere-png.162000

@SciresM and his team kept their promise: Atmosphère 0.9.2 has been released, which now includes a stable emuMMC implementation thanks to @m4xw's efforts! Many bugs were fixed, including shutdown & (de)initialization issues, a permission-related bug which caused emuMMC to not work properly on low firmware versions and support for low voltage mode has been added. File-based redirection should now work too, however, it's currently much slower than a partition-based setup due to optimization issues: as such, it is still recommended to use the latter for the time being.

Stratosphère, aka Atmosphère's component which provides custom sysmodules, is also currently being rewritten to provide lower resource usage, easier future maintainability and better code integration for homebrew projects. Five modules have been reworked so far: sm, boot, spl, ro and loader.

NOTE: If you have been using Atmosphère's emuMMC feature since 0.9.0/0.9.1, keep in mind the configuration entries in emummc.ini have changed in this version: the "emummc_" prefix has been dropped from all entries due to it being redundant (so, for example, "emummc_enabled" is now just "enabled", "emummc_sector" became "sector", and so on). Unless you wish to use Hekate 5.0.0 to manage emuMMC, do not boot without editing them first or you'll end up in sysNAND instead!

As usual, you can find the full changelog below:
Changelog said:
0.9.2 is Atmosphère's twentieth official release.

fusee-primary was last updated in: 0.9.2.

With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 0.9.2 is bundled with hbl 2.1, and hbmenu 3.0.1.

The following was changed since the last release:

• A number of emummc bugfixes were added (all thanks to @m4xw's hard work). The following is a summary of emummc changes:
    • Support for file-based emummc instances was fixed.
      • Please note: file-based emummc is still unoptimized, and so may be much slower than partition-based.
      • This speed differential should hopefully be made better in a future emummc update.
    • The way emummc handles power management was completely overhauled.
      • Emummc now properly handles init/de-init, and now supports low voltage mode.
      • Much better support for shutdown was added, which should assuage corruption/synchronization problems.
      • This should also improve support for more types of SD cards.
    • A bug was fixed that caused emummc to not work on lower system versions due to missing SVC access.
    • Please note: The configuration entries used for emummc have been changed.
      • emummc_ prefixes have been removed, since they are superfluous given the emummc category they are under.
      • As an example, emummc!emummc_enabled is now emummc!enabled.
      • INI configurations made by @CTCaer's tool (which is the recommended way to manage emummc) should automatically work as expected/be corrected.
        • If you do not wish to use the above, you will need to manually correct your configuration file.
    • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
  • Stratosphere is currently in the process of being re-written/refactored.
    • Stratosphere was my (SciresM's) first C++ project, ever -- the code written for it a year ago when I was learning C++ is/was of much lower quality than code written more recently.
    • Code is thus being re-written for clarity/style/to de-duplicate functionality, with much being moved into libstratosphere.
    • Stratosphere will, after the rewrite, globally use the sts:: namespace -- this should greatly enhancing libstratosphere's ability to provide functionality for system modules.
    • The rewritten modules consistently have lower memory footprints, and should be easier to maintain going forwards.
    • The sm, boot, spl, ro, and loader modules have been tackled so far.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
For information on the featureset supported by 0.9.0, please see the official release notes.

UPDATE: A hotfix was released for people who had issues with cheats or were not able to boot on FW 4.1.0.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GBAtemp thread

Last edited by RattletraPM,

KnightRiderX420

The Anigmatic Anomoly
Trophies
Website
www.beyondwindows10.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope this isnt in the wromg place but hekate has been updated as well to 5.0.0 it looks awsome and really helps put the nail in sx os coffin. now we just need a way to allow XCI mounting and then the rest is as they say history.....

I have 1 request, can somone make a default INI file for this or at least detail instructions on how to simply edit or create 1 in a "Dummies Guide" thanks

Last edited by KnightRiderX420,
Reactions: lordelan and NoNAND

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope this isnt in the wromg place but hekate has been updated as well to 5.0.0 it looks awsome and really helps put the nail in sx os coffin. now we just need a way to allow XCI mounting and then the rest is as they say history
Yes, Hekate has been updated - I'll be writing a news post about it too.

That aside, please please please don't turn this thread into yet another SX vs AMS flame fest. We've had enough of those already.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone give me a guide on how to switch from SX OS EmuNAND to atmosphere emuNAND safely without making my Sysnand dirty? Also how do I set up this to run with the newest hekate?

Reactions: gjkelel

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Time to upgrade my SD Card, downgrade my sysNAND back to 5.0.0, get my EmuNAND to 8.1.0 and wait until Deja Vu becomes compatible with 5.0.0.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As this approaches a well fleshed out set up, hopefully someone will put together a good, explicit idiot proof guide to this.

Reactions: AceX

KnightRiderX420

The Anigmatic Anomoly
Trophies
Website
www.beyondwindows10.com
XP
Country
United States
wow what a harsh reaction. fyi i have an sx os license. and am even a member of thir forum and discord... I was just stating that it would be neat if it could be done elsewehre.... and maybe even made better or with more options, even though they arent really needed... i havent read threw the whole forum to see that atmo is anti pyracy... please dont sorn me so fast.... its kinda mean

Last edited by KnightRiderX420,

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wow what a harsh reaction. fyi i have an sx os license I was just stating that it would be neat if it could be done elsewehre.... and maybe even made better or with more options, even though they arent really needed... i havent read threw the whole forum to see that atmo is anti pyracy... please dont sorn me so fast.... its kinda mean
He wasn't being mean?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, it can be done elsewhere. Rei and Elise (developers of Reinx) were originally thinking of implementing it into Reinx (since there's a way to do it without using Nintendo's code). However, it is a grey area and they don't want to find that out when the big N might bring them to court.

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I feel like trying emummc now. Any recommended guide? If I delete the games on my NAND, the storage space needed for emummc decreases?

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow what a harsh reaction. fyi i have an sx os license. and am even a member of thir forum and discord... I was just stating that it would be neat if it could be done elsewehre.... and maybe even made better or with more options, even though they arent really needed... i havent read threw the whole forum to see that atmo is anti pyracy... please dont sorn me so fast.... its kinda mean
So now your tone changes. From what I recall you said "help put a nail in sx os coffin". Why would you wish for that? What's it to you? It's a real shame that people just can't enjoy what they use, be that it's atmo or sx os, and not talk crap about the other one. I mainly use atmo but I also use sx os. I have a ps4 but I also have an xb1 and a switch. The point is, just enjoy what you have. On that note, atmo has always been killing it with the updates so thank you for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-