Atmosphère 0.9.2 released, includes emuMMC fixes

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Jun 30, 2019.

Front-page
    [​IMG]

@SciresM and his team kept their promise: Atmosphère 0.9.2 has been released, which now includes a stable emuMMC implementation thanks to @m4xw's efforts! Many bugs were fixed, including shutdown & (de)initialization issues, a permission-related bug which caused emuMMC to not work properly on low firmware versions and support for low voltage mode has been added. File-based redirection should now work too, however, it's currently much slower than a partition-based setup due to optimization issues: as such, it is still recommended to use the latter for the time being.

Stratosphère, aka Atmosphère's component which provides custom sysmodules, is also currently being rewritten to provide lower resource usage, easier future maintainability and better code integration for homebrew projects. Five modules have been reworked so far: sm, boot, spl, ro and loader.

NOTE: If you have been using Atmosphère's emuMMC feature since 0.9.0/0.9.1, keep in mind the configuration entries in emummc.ini have changed in this version: the "emummc_" prefix has been dropped from all entries due to it being redundant (so, for example, "emummc_enabled" is now just "enabled", "emummc_sector" became "sector", and so on). Unless you wish to use Hekate 5.0.0 to manage emuMMC, do not boot without editing them first or you'll end up in sysNAND instead!

As usual, you can find the full changelog below:
    UPDATE: A hotfix was released for people who had issues with cheats or were not able to boot on FW 4.1.0.

:arrow: Source
    :arrow: GBAtemp thread

Discussion (15 replies)
  1. Hamdan
    This message by Hamdan has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 30, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 30, 2019
  2. KnightRiderX420

KnightRiderX420 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    KnightRiderX420 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 24, 2018
    United States
    I hope this isnt in the wromg place but hekate has been updated as well to 5.0.0 it looks awsome and really helps put the nail in sx os coffin. now we just need a way to allow XCI mounting and then the rest is as they say history.....

I have 1 request, can somone make a default INI file for this or at least detail instructions on how to simply edit or create 1 in a "Dummies Guide" thanks

Last edited by KnightRiderX420, Jun 30, 2019
    lordelan and NoNAND like this.
  3. RattletraPM
    OP

RattletraPM GBATemp's official 蒸気イーブイ

pip Reporter
    Jan 18, 2017
    Italy
    Shinjuku Station
    Yes, Hekate has been updated - I'll be writing a news post about it too.

That aside, please please please don't turn this thread into yet another SX vs AMS flame fest. We've had enough of those already.

HOv, KlariNoX, lordelan and 5 others like this.
  4. gizmomelb
    This message by gizmomelb has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jun 30, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 30, 2019
  5. Andalitez
    This message by Andalitez has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jun 30, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 30, 2019
  6. gizmomelb
    This message by gizmomelb has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jun 30, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 30, 2019
  7. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Can anyone give me a guide on how to switch from SX OS EmuNAND to atmosphere emuNAND safely without making my Sysnand dirty? Also how do I set up this to run with the newest hekate?

gjkelel likes this.
  8. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Time to upgrade my SD Card, downgrade my sysNAND back to 5.0.0, get my EmuNAND to 8.1.0 and wait until Deja Vu becomes compatible with 5.0.0.

9. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    As this approaches a well fleshed out set up, hopefully someone will put together a good, explicit idiot proof guide to this.

AceX likes this.
  10. 210modz
    This message by 210modz has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jun 30, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 30, 2019
  11. nikeymikey
    This message by nikeymikey has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jun 30, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 30, 2019
  12. SwigS-27

SwigS-27 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2017
    United Kingdom
    London , UK
    Oh neat, emuMMC fixes. Though it's been nothing but perfectly fine for me.

13. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2006
    For non emunand users, should we update asap?

14. Essasetic
    This message by Essasetic has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jun 30, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 30, 2019
  15. Idontknowwhattoputhere
    This message by Idontknowwhattoputhere has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jun 30, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 30, 2019
  16. KnightRiderX420

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 24, 2018
    United States
    wow what a harsh reaction. fyi i have an sx os license. and am even a member of thir forum and discord... I was just stating that it would be neat if it could be done elsewehre.... and maybe even made better or with more options, even though they arent really needed... i havent read threw the whole forum to see that atmo is anti pyracy... please dont sorn me so fast.... its kinda mean

Last edited by KnightRiderX420, Jun 30, 2019
  17. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    He wasn't being mean?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, it can be done elsewhere. Rei and Elise (developers of Reinx) were originally thinking of implementing it into Reinx (since there's a way to do it without using Nintendo's code). However, it is a grey area and they don't want to find that out when the big N might bring them to court.

18. Darksabre72

Darksabre72 Blue Falcon

Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    well judging from the earlier comments, it looks like that might happen

Last edited by Darksabre72, Jun 30, 2019
  19. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    I am on 7.0.1 so You should date it to the latest version anyway. It will work on 7.0.1 or under. Not just 8.1.0 only. :)

20. bodefuceta

bodefuceta GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2018
    Brazil
    I feel like trying emummc now. Any recommended guide? If I delete the games on my NAND, the storage space needed for emummc decreases?

21. HOv

HOv GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2018
    United States
    So now your tone changes. From what I recall you said "help put a nail in sx os coffin". Why would you wish for that? What's it to you? It's a real shame that people just can't enjoy what they use, be that it's atmo or sx os, and not talk crap about the other one. I mainly use atmo but I also use sx os. I have a ps4 but I also have an xb1 and a switch. The point is, just enjoy what you have. On that note, atmo has always been killing it with the updates so thank you for this.

22. KnightRiderX420

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 24, 2018
    United States
    i like and use all cfw for switch and i have a sx os license.... i was just curious if the whole or most of the sxos was opened up be homebrewers if the whole projecty would die... i meant no foul

23. alimao

alimao Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2009
    Brazil
    Atmosphère 0.9.2, BUG on IPATCHED Switches . Freezes on Nintendo Switch Logo
    when I go back to Atmosphère 0.9.1 it works perfectly