whobroughtben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Last night i tried to update my Atmosphere version to the latest 0.8. However now when i boot into CFW it just goes to a black screen. The only thing i did was pull my SD card and replace the latest version of Kosmos with what was on my SD card.

I'm still running hekate 4.2 since i can't get the ns-atmosphere programmer to open on any of my devices (windows 10, mac os). It first opened on my MacBooks, but then i selected bluetooth from the drop down by mistake and now it won't open again. Super frustrating.

Anyways, Is there something i did wrong when trying to upgrade? I even reformatted my entire SD card and re-placed the files back on there; Same results.

Its important to note that i can boot into Hekate 4.2 via RCM and OFW just fine. So problem is only when trying to boot into CFW.

Thanks,
Ben

martyn2015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i get the same problem just delete all old atmosphere stuff , go back to atmosphere-0.8.1-master-bd76e73 ,then should go back in to cfw ,the update dont work for me
hope this helps you

ShinAbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
try atmosphere 0.7.5 if it works it means you need fw 6.2 for 0.8.1 to work

Edit: 0.8.2 is out maybe it will work

Last edited by ShinAbo,

whobroughtben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried latest 0.8.2 with no luck. Ended up just going back to my full scared backup from 0.7.5 and it seems to finally boot back up.

Not sure what i was missing, might be a good idea to start fresh with a blank sd card next time i try to upgrade.

Thanks for the help guys.

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange I had it happen to me, and I updated the payload and all was well. On Atmosphere 0.8.1 on FW 5.1.0.

Edit: Updated to 0.8.2 but got some version mismatch error... didn't have time to troubleshoot.

Last edited by mdmachine,

whobroughtben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one weird thing that happened when i went back is tinfoil stopped working. I copied back everything except then Nintendo folder from an old sd card backup.

Ended up reinstalling tinfoil & now I'm getting errors when loading previously installed backups. Also new backups are complaining "software update available". This never happened before i started mucking around here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night