Atmosphere 0.8 Black Screen After Update

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by whobroughtben, Dec 8, 2018 at 2:51 PM.

1. whobroughtben
    OP

whobroughtben Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    Hey guys,

Last night i tried to update my Atmosphere version to the latest 0.8. However now when i boot into CFW it just goes to a black screen. The only thing i did was pull my SD card and replace the latest version of Kosmos with what was on my SD card.

I'm still running hekate 4.2 since i can't get the ns-atmosphere programmer to open on any of my devices (windows 10, mac os). It first opened on my MacBooks, but then i selected bluetooth from the drop down by mistake and now it won't open again. Super frustrating.

Anyways, Is there something i did wrong when trying to upgrade? I even reformatted my entire SD card and re-placed the files back on there; Same results.

Its important to note that i can boot into Hekate 4.2 via RCM and OFW just fine. So problem is only when trying to boot into CFW.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. mdmachine

mdmachine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    Try using tegrasmashGUI on your windows box and see if it loads using hekate 4.5.

3. martyn2015

martyn2015 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    i get the same problem just delete all old atmosphere stuff , go back to atmosphere-0.8.1-master-bd76e73 ,then should go back in to cfw ,the update dont work for me
    hope this helps you

4. ShinAbo

ShinAbo Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2013
    What is your switch firmware version ? i think Atmosphere 0.8.1 will only work on fw 6.2

5. whobroughtben
    OP

whobroughtben Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    Sorry, probably should have mentioned switch fw version!

I'm on 6.1

6. ShinAbo

ShinAbo Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2013
    try atmosphere 0.7.5 if it works it means you need fw 6.2 for 0.8.1 to work

Edit: 0.8.2 is out maybe it will work

Last edited by ShinAbo, Dec 8, 2018 at 3:21 PM
  7. whobroughtben
    OP

whobroughtben Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    Tried latest 0.8.2 with no luck. Ended up just going back to my full scared backup from 0.7.5 and it seems to finally boot back up.

Not sure what i was missing, might be a good idea to start fresh with a blank sd card next time i try to upgrade.

Thanks for the help guys.

8. mdmachine

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    Strange I had it happen to me, and I updated the payload and all was well. On Atmosphere 0.8.1 on FW 5.1.0.

Edit: Updated to 0.8.2 but got some version mismatch error... didn't have time to troubleshoot.

Last edited by mdmachine, Dec 8, 2018 at 4:49 PM
  9. whobroughtben
    OP

whobroughtben Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    one weird thing that happened when i went back is tinfoil stopped working. I copied back everything except then Nintendo folder from an old sd card backup.

Ended up reinstalling tinfoil & now I'm getting errors when loading previously installed backups. Also new backups are complaining "software update available". This never happened before i started mucking around here.

10. mdmachine

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    Try cleaning everything up except for nintendo and maybe switch if you have any special homebrew, then try the latest kosmos package (default) with hekate 4.5 (or grab the kip patches on here) and see if that works.