Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atlus USA have announced that they will be bringing Success's scrolling fighter "Yajuu Keiji: Tokyo Douji Tahatsu Tero o Chinatsu Seyo!" to the West under the more simple title "Tokyo Beat Down".

Trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40200.html

Famitsu gave the game 22/40 but then they are often wrong when it comes to non-RPG/adventure games. I'm not sure if I want this or not, on one hand its looks crappy on the other I'm a sucker for scrolling fighters. Whatever the game is out in March.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just caught the news of this over on GoNintendo. Very cool!

I remember when the game first surfaced -- I never imagined we'd see an English version. But leave it to Atlus, with their zany flavor in games, to bring it over.

I'm not expecting Shenmue or Yakuza, but it looks like it will be a damn fun, if shallow, brawler in the vein of Golden Axe.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like it should be a fun game
smile.gif

I like the side-scrolling beat'em up games like this.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I are a fan of Yakuza and this seems something close, I are sure to play this when come out.

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried the Japanese version out of curiosity and wasn't impressed with it at all, and I normally love beat-em-ups. But then again, I only played it for 10 minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM