Atlus explains 'The Dark Spire'

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Dec 19, 2008.

Dec 19, 2008

Atlus explains 'The Dark Spire' by War at 4:51 PM (948 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"Atlus has confirmed the theory that their upcoming The Dark Spire is a localized version of Success' Genmu no Tou to Tsurugi no Okite -- either that or they dropped whatever game they had planned under that name after they saw that everyone thought it would be Genmu. Probably not, but it's a fun idea.

The Dark Spire is a first-person dungeon RPG playable in two distinct graphical styles: a vintage "wireframe" look straight out of Wizardry, or a striking, high-contrast "modern" look. Players control a band of adventurers who attempt to survive the tower stronghold of Archmage Tyrhung in order to gain possession of a magical jewel. According to one baffling screenshot, characters will be able to learn skills including dance, knitting, and "arts and crafts" along the way.

One element we were not aware of in the Japanese version is the running narration on the bottom screen, which makes The Dark Spire feel much more like a text adventure. The narration, combining atmospheric storytelling with Atlus humor, is just one of the reasons this game is going to make us attempt to play a hardcore dungeon RPG."

Source

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    When I saw the Japanese release of this it piqued my interest. Glad to see Atlus pick up another game I wanted.

3. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    Sounds pretty cool. I'll probably give it a shot. And man, Atlus is becoming one of my favorite publishers, they put out tons of stuff in the US that I don't think anyone else would.

4. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    when will it be released?