Atari to start game show

220px-Atari_Official_2012_Logo.svg.png

The iconic gaming company seems to be broadening its vision of gaming. Atari is reportedly "looking to become a global TV player".

Robert Blagman, CEO of Media Fusion, who’s been contracted to manage Atari’s TV programming for global distribution and syndication, told attendees that the gaming giant’s first TV series, “Game On,” which is currently in development, is looking to shoot in South Africa.

Talks are underway with local production companies for the unscripted reality game show, which will feature players navigating life-sized sets of popular Atari games.

The announcement underscores the belief of Atari execs that South Africa represents “an incredible area of opportunity,” according to Blagman, with the company hoping to use the country as a production base for other programs as well.

The Atari-Media Fusion partnership seems to be very optimistic about the chosen South African market, probably testing the targeted demography before a more global approach.

It seems like a lot of players in the gaming community are leaning towards a media-centered approach with Twitch, the recent "Live with Youtube Gaming" and now Atari joining in a similar fashion.

:arrow: SOURCE

JacobVR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen this game since I played it in the early 90s. I can still remember how the background music thumps along though ;)

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Episode one: how to destroy an entire industry by yourself
Episode two: how to come back in said industry and release the worst cashgrabs you can imagine
Episode three: interview with puzzled Konami execs speculating on how they manage to be even worse than Konami

Reactions: Deleted User

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very optimistic about the chosen South African market​
Uhhh, yeah, enjoy having your buildings burned down. The people there don't have electric fences over their houses for nothing, just saying.

Nelson Mandela's party ruined South Africa!

LordStarkiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is gonna crash and burn magnificently.

A better show idea would've been to base it on the "Alone In The Dark" series and have it be like "Legends Of The Hidden Temple" or "Secrets Of The Cryptkeeper's Haunted Mansion". (God I feel old remembering those shows.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: lol @ greasy strangler lines. Everyone should watch it and post lines. haha