Atari announces Mini PONG Jr. console

pong mini.PNG

An unexpected gaming company is also releasing a console this holiday season: Atari. However, it's not competing to be your next-gen buy but is playing on nostalgia by bringing the classic game of PONG in a small, portable form factor.

Developed by Unis Technology, the Atari Mini PONG Jr., it measures just 30-centimeters in length and sports an LCD screen. The device features single-player matches against an AI, 2-player local multiplayer, retro arcade sound effects, and physical dials for players to control their respective PONG paddles. The device is powered by a USB cable and adapter; users can optionally install three lithium rechargeable batteries to play on the go.

top atari.PNG

For additional features of the Atari Mini PONG Jr., see below:
  • Lightweight and compact in size
  • Perfect for home, office, and on-the-go
  • Play with AI or friends
  • Ten AI difficulty levels
  • Intuitive interface, simple to use controls
  • 7.9 Inch LCD Panel
  • Lithium Rechargeable battery (3) for portable use
  • USB powered
This new console will launch exclusively online this holiday season. Atari mentioned that it will soon announce details on pricing and pre-orders, as well as additional gaming devices. What other devices would you like to see from the company?

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
We criticize Sega for only including four games in their Game Gear Micro, and now Atari only includes one? :rolleyes:

:ha:

It's too big to be portable, but too small to be a coffee table when not in use :P

I can't see too many people buying it.

It had better be cheap.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used to adore Atari back in my teens, was super loyal to them but I have to say they've totally lost touch with what buyers want, 1 disappointment after the other tbh

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
really...can't you get one system out before announcing another...
I was about to point this out.
The VCS is going to be a failure, and now they announce this?
It's like they really want to fuck over themselves, are they into public humiliation or something?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually a pretty cool little trinket. Though I wish you got some options to change the appearance in some ways, like let us change the colors from white to like neon colors and junk. It'd be cool if there was like an alternate more modern mode that gave it some more polish too, like extra visual effects when you hit the ball and stuff.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I definitely need this in my life. I'll be interested to see the price, here's hoping it's not another "Pay us $50 to play Super Mario Bros" type situation.
I won't spend more than $20 for that sort of thing, but I know I will be disappointed when they announce their price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over