Atari announces Mini PONG Jr. console

pong mini.PNG

An unexpected gaming company is also releasing a console this holiday season: Atari. However, it's not competing to be your next-gen buy but is playing on nostalgia by bringing the classic game of PONG in a small, portable form factor.

Developed by Unis Technology, the Atari Mini PONG Jr., it measures just 30-centimeters in length and sports an LCD screen. The device features single-player matches against an AI, 2-player local multiplayer, retro arcade sound effects, and physical dials for players to control their respective PONG paddles. The device is powered by a USB cable and adapter; users can optionally install three lithium rechargeable batteries to play on the go.

top atari.PNG

For additional features of the Atari Mini PONG Jr., see below:
  • Lightweight and compact in size
  • Perfect for home, office, and on-the-go
  • Play with AI or friends
  • Ten AI difficulty levels
  • Intuitive interface, simple to use controls
  • 7.9 Inch LCD Panel
  • Lithium Rechargeable battery (3) for portable use
  • USB powered
This new console will launch exclusively online this holiday season. Atari mentioned that it will soon announce details on pricing and pre-orders, as well as additional gaming devices. What other devices would you like to see from the company?

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

DerpDingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully once the next recession hits , people wont be so willing to waste their money on useless garbage consoles like this
( including the Nintendo game and watch)

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how they dont show anyone actually playing it. They dont want people to realize its smaller than their damn phone :shit: next we find out its goin to be like $100 ‍:wacko:

Ajlr

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well you know what would be better? An Atari handheld that could play Atari-exclusive games from the 2600 to the Jaguar, also including the Lynx and with mapped buttons for the 5200 and Jaguar.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to point this out.
The VCS is going to be a failure, and now they announce this?
It's like they really want to fuck over themselves, are they into public humiliation or something?

I hate to be that bitch (that's a lie, I love being that bitch), but in order for the VCS to be a failure, doesn't it actually have to come out and, like, fail? Yeah yeah, it's coming in November... this time. They've lied about coming as much as I used to so my ex-boyfriend would leave me alone. I'll believe it when the voluptuous soprano finishes her aria.

As far as this little pong machine goes. It plays one game in black and white. Maybe the new Atari can get this out without fucking it up. I dunno. This may be too much tech for them to handle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended