Discussion Astral Chain ROM Hacking Bible

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by masagrator, Aug 29, 2019.

1. goldcrazyman

goldcrazyman Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2017
    United States
    Can someone find the resolution and aliasing settings? Would like to have no AA and a locked resolution of 720p or lower and sadly ReverseNX is not working for me.
    When I use max overclock settings in handheld mode and the 60fps, the game runs very smooth and there is a noticeable difference.

2. masagrator
    OP

masagrator The developper

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    You need to read more carefully (posts before also).
    I said that there will be no difference between handheld mode and handheld flag in dock with ReverseNX.

3. Bigkahuna28

Bigkahuna28 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2019
    United States
    would i need to repack the files on romfs or can i just use the loose files

4. gohan123

gohan123 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2012
    Germany
    I'm a noob in this one. so I copied the ips file, got reverseNX to run. now I wanted to set overclock but unsure about it. should I set the clock in handheld or dock? which is the highest clock which is save? not even sure if freebird works because if I'm ingame and open freebird, I get an atmosphere exception. besides that, the higher framerate is noticable and this game is finally playable, thanks.

edit: 720p a little bit too jaggy so switched back to dock. And switched to sys-clk instead. Tried:

docked_cpu=1683
    docked_gpu=921
    docked_mem=1600

god this high fps is beautiful but switch fan so loud, feels like it's dieing inside, are those clocks too high?

edit2: am I going crazy, some weird placebo is going on. so I removed the ips patch but the game still feels more smooth as it used to be. cutscenes are back to normal speed but everything else feels still smooth. If I switch to kirby I immediately see those crappy 30 fps. Those patches can't remain, can't they?

Last edited by gohan123, Sep 7, 2019
  5. AzazelVII

AzazelVII Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2015
    Exeter, Devon
    Anyone know a way to change the chain from blue to red and the legatus core to dark grey and red i.e Akira raven armor version? or does anyone know how to swap the parts of the texture files that match the chain and legatus core recolor should be easy if it's just the texture that make the color of the chain. (mainly I don't like the blue chain and want to change it to either red ,white, black or purple which should be easy if color is decided by texture just change the hue and saturation levels in image editor)

Last edited by AzazelVII, Sep 23, 2019
  6. Niko_of_Death

Niko_of_Death Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    Did anyone ever make progress finding a way to change the dynamic resolution settings? It'd be nice to be able to use the docked profile with the 60fps hack while maintaining a low dynamic res floor so the 60 can be more consistent.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted