morph163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
i hope there is someone out there who can help me fixing my problem:
History of my switch: It worked proper until the day the switch was not charging any more. I tested the normal Switch charger with an 5V and 15V output. Nothing happend. I plugged it and nothing happend. So i tested a mobile phone charger with an 5V output only and that worked. With the 5V charger it charged to 100%. Great. I did that two or three times and someday i saw the switch battery is low so i plugged it in and after 10 minutes i touched the charger and it was hot. The USB port at the console was hot, too. I pluged it off immediately but the usb plug was melted with the usb c socket at the console. So, the first thing is to change the usb c port, which is already done. I found a picture in the internet where the values, measured at the usb c port, if soldered are written. I have other values. So i moved forward to the typical "searching for shorts" method, and i found nothing shorted, but there is one capacitor in the area of the M92T36 that is not connected to GND. I measure on one side of the capacitor a value (in diode mode) of 0,684 and on the other side a value of 0,615. I attached the picture, showing the position of the capacitor (the measuring tip is marking it). Now the question is: are these values normal? Shouldn´t be this capacitor connected to GND?
I hope someone can help me fixing this.
Thanks in advance. Best regards.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20210125-000958.jpg
    Screenshot_20210125-000958.jpg
    721.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited by morph163,

morph163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, that´s good to know. so, the next question is: where i should i now search for the problem? any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Happy birthday!