Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Narayan, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Narayan
    OP

Narayan desu~

Sep 29, 2010
    Is this series good? I'm just interested in Black Flag but it doesn't feel right missing the other parts of the story.
    How important is playing the game by sequence?

I already tried playing the first for a bit until Altair is stripped of his rank but I'm not sure if I should continue. I didn't really enjoy it much. gameplay wasn't meant for pc, though it's not really a problem.
    Why is Altair speaking with an american accent? The story also doesn't sound so intriguing.

Also, is Black Flag good?

2. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    My brother is a ac nerd and have played all game's of the series between 10-35 times.

According to him ac 1/2 are the really good once. Brotherhood is also good story wise but the introduction of serie kill in combat makes the game really easy. Revelation introduced a bit new fun features such as making your own bombs and the hook blade that you can use both in combat and travel on interesting ways.
    He aldo state that ac3 is good but not nearly as good as ac2. (He thinks ac2 is the best one in the serie)
    Though ac3 gave a little pre-view of what naval combat would be like and also the refreshing experience with rope dart and tree climbing. The story is kinda so so in ac3, and you barely care anything about the main character compared with the one in ac2 and it's "expansions".
    The AI in all the games are really stupid wish is kind of a bummer.

As for black flag he have not yet played it.

Personaly I think the games are nothing like being an assassin, for me it's like you are more of a mass murder of stupid AI's.

3. aiat_gamer

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    The story was kind of interesting, but it went to shit after ACII. As for Black Flag, you are not missing out on anyu story beats if you play it first, the main storyline was wrapped up by the end of ACIII. Give Black Flag a try and see how you like it, if you loved it you can try the other ones. I, played only the second one, little bit of first one and half of the third one and got burned out on the series.

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Storyline wise, Black flag has nothing to do with the other AC series.
    However, I'd recommend playing them as Black flag does contain some elements to the previous ones.

5. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    AC1 is the only one in the series that really focuses on stealth. Sadly it is too repetitive.

AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelation are the cream in the series. People should start with these games.

AC3 and AC4 should only be played after you finished AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelation.

6. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Surely, that's false? No way in hell someone completes a game 10 times, and then the next game again 10 times, and the next one again 10 times. I hope that's exaggerated :P

It's true that the games are very very easy in general, the combat you can easily survive by just ramming the necessary keys and stare at the animations in awe.

I would suggest AC 2 first, then Brotherhood and from what I've heard (haven't played it yet for myself), Black Flag. Those are the best 3.
    You can really skip 1 altogether, watch the story in 10 minutes on Youtube, and then jump in AC 2. The worst ones are AC 1 and AC 3, those aren't worth it, the others, go for it! Very enjoyable series.

7. Narayan
    OP

Narayan desu~

Sep 29, 2010
    All right, I decided not to play the whole series. From what you guys described it, it's not what I expected.
    I was wanted stealth, fast assassinations of a high profile character and a story about Assassin Brotherhood.

I was just really curious about assassin/pirate combination, so I might still play Black Flag. If I like the story despite not actually being an assassin, I might play the rest.
    Thanks for the help guys.

8. TwilightWarrior

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    AC4 is one of the best games in the series! It has a very fresh feeling to it!

9. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    The story did take a huge hit after Ezio but its still a good buy and interesting. Black flag has some really cool features to it and looks very good.

10. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Well, you can choose to do the game stealthily, if you want that. There is always a possibility to do it unnoticed, you'll even get more completion for that. I've done a few missions without being noticed, it's a lot of fun and not that easy sometimes.

Narayan likes this.