Hacking Aspect Ratio Problem - Wii

Smonkie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of let me start by saying I HAVE used the search function. I have googled the piss out of this problem.

I am brand new to Wii mods. I have been able to install mostly everything I needed.

Somehow I have got stuck in the 4:3 Aspect ratio and can not get it out. I have tried homebrew forwarders. A few of them. I have tried installing them with this manager, that manager. On the ios that ios. I for the life of me can not get my aspect ratio to correct itself.

Is there an aspect fix for the wii like I saw for the vWii?

Im really at a loss and have tried everything I could find.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why don't you just go into the Wii settings to edit the video output?
You can't change the video output with homebrew. well, I think there's one, but why use it when you can just go to wii official settings?
there are also game loaders which can patch the launch games on the fly, but that's only after launcher a game, not while inside the wii menu or in a homebrew.

Also, what's your video cable ? Composite (yellow/red/white) or component (blue/red/gree + red/white) ?

Last edited by Cyan,

Smonkie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you just go into the Wii settings to edit the video output?
You can't change the video output with homebrew. well, I think there's one, but why use it when you can just go to wii official settings?
there are also game loaders which can patch the launch games on the fly, but that's only after launcher a game, not while inside the wii menu or in a homebrew.

Also, what's your video cable ? Composite (yellow/red/white) or component (blue/red/gree + red/white) ?

I have tried changing it in the official settings. Didnt work. Something is forcing the ratio.
Im using composite video. It was widescreen before.

Heres a video of a similar problem. Pretty much same problem I am having.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's not really a similar problem, because on vWii it's a known feature from Nintendo. (not a bug!) and affects only HBC.

you are saying you have that problem with all your wii, not only hbc.
I think your problem is your TV setting being in "force 4:3" or "auto" instead of "full screen" or "wide" or "1:1".
if your TV has "auto detect" option, it will be wrong with the Wii because it does not really display in widescreen, it's a fake pixel ratio so you get a proper display ratio on wide tv. the Wii is still 720*480 both with 4:3 or 16:9 setting. you need to force your TV to take the full TV area.

Last edited by Cyan,

Smonkie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not really a similar problem, because on vWii it's a known feature from Nintendo. (not a bug!) and affects only HBC.

you are saying you have that problem with all your wii, not only hbc.
I think your problem is your TV setting being in "force 4:3" or "auto" instead of "full screen" or "wide" or "1:1".
if your TV has "auto detect" option, it will be wrong with the Wii because it does not really display in widescreen, it's a fake pixel ratio so you get a proper display ratio on wide tv. the Wii is still 720*480 both with 4:3 or 16:9 setting. you need to force your TV to take the full TV area.
After hours of changing this and that, and that over there, and that too....... It was the flippin TV. I didnt even think to check the tv for any settings man. You really just made my day dude. Thank you so much.

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....