Gaming Asking opinions

canx13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so i'm gonna buy a psp and im planning on buying psp slim 3000 with dissidia final fantasy included and tekken 6.
so im asking u guys is tekken dark resurection better or 6?
and what other games should i buy?
how can i easily hack my psp(that can play psp ISO's) without opening my battery?
i saw that chickHEN is an option but im not sure if that can run ISO's?

those are my questions
biggrin.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to hack your PSP, then your best bet is to get a 1000 (phat/original) model, or a second-hand 2000. Newer 2000s and 3000s can only be hacked if the firmware is 5.03, and even then, the hack is only temporary (if it's turned off you'll have to hack it again)

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
If you want to hack your PSP, then your best bet is to get a 1000 (phat/original) model, or a second-hand 2000. Newer 2000s and 3000s can only be hacked if the firmware is 5.03, and even then, the hack is only temporary (if it's turned off you'll have to hack it again)
im getting 1000 on christmas, am i screwed if its on 6.00

soulfire

gear... secando
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
GameWinner said:
ProtoKun7 said:

no you are not

every psp 1000 can be modded with a pandora regardless the firmware it is on.

so it is save
biggrin.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:

The 2000s can have CFW installed -- it's only the 3000s that need to reboot into the hacked firmware each time.

canx13 said:
so i'm gonna buy a psp and im planning on buying psp slim 3000 with dissidia final fantasy included and tekken 6.
so im asking u guys is tekken dark resurection better or 6?
and what other games should i buy?
how can i easily hack my psp(that can play psp ISO's) without opening my battery?
i saw that chickHEN is an option but im not sure if that can run ISO's?

those are my questions
biggrin.gif

Both Tekken games are amazing but 6 has more players, stages, customization, and online multiplayer.

GameWinner said:
QUOTE(ProtoKun7 @ Dec 12 2009, 02:38 PM)

No, just get a Pandora Battery ('Battery Tool') from DealExtreme and make a 'Magic Memory Stick' to install CFW.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES!
i thought i was never gonna be able to play my psx games, n64 games
backups,or anything. Glad i got that off my chest

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
soulfire said:
GameWinner said:
YES!
i thought i was never gonna be able to play my psx games, n64 games
backups,or anything. Glad i got that off my chest

good to hear that

but not all n64 games are smooth on psp remember that
i havent played one yet that ran good enough for me to want to continue playing it =\

FNQer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the question is what you want to do with your psp.

if you don't care about homebrew and custom firmware, then go for the PSP Brite (PSP-3000) or even the PSP Go!

if you want to delve into psp homebrew then you need to avoid certain psp models and certain ofw. as previous post noted, ofw 5.03 is one cut-off, where it becomes difficult to run homebrew with full cfw.

Phat - 1st generation because of its EEPROM - are all hackable, regardless of what specific model or ofw/cfw it has. i reckon that is a standout feature of the pHat.

agh - i just re-read your initial post, you wanna run ISO/CSO - so its homebrew by either full custom firmware or HEN.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
cracker said:
ProtoKun7 said:

The 2000s can have CFW installed -- it's only the 3000s that need to reboot into the hacked firmware each time.

No, its the motherboard that matters the very last run of PSP-2000s had the same motherboard as the PSP-3000 TA-088v3 (or something similar) and as a result cannot be flashed with CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo