A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you know those quick launch buttons we have at the top? the touch screenish ones? is there a way to configure them so we can use them for whatever program we want? like the media buttons (play, next song etc) only works for windows media player which is annoying. and yes i have the latest drivers. thanks in advance

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unless you hack the drivers, no... it's built in... if you can hack the drivers, and change the call functions, you can make it do anything you want... well, it still won't be able to give you oral... only desktops can do that...

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
no BUT you can use a program to called autohotkey, to assign any key or group of keys on the keyboard to do ANYTHING. it's a script and if you know a bit of programming then you can really do a lot with it.
if you can't program to save your life i could draw up a quick template to make it easy for you.
btw you can dl auto hot key for free...legally
biggrin.gif
(google is you friend)

also sometimes i accidentally hit the quick dvd shortcut key on the hp laptop. you can disable that key without disabling the volume/player controls.

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Autohotkey works some of the time, but on an HP laptop I used to own, it did not work on the face buttons. Your millage may vary.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Foxle said:
Autohotkey works some of the time, but on an HP laptop I used to own, it did not work on the face buttons. Your millage may vary.

true, it only works for the keyboard. not the face keys.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a thought but if you are using media player classic (I have little experience with other players although I reckon VLC can do it) you can often assign keys to different things, I remember playing with various music controller firefox extensions (foxytunes mainly) to get it to work properly and part of those were the usual laptop keys.

Hacking the drivers on the other hand may not be all the difficult (I doubt it will be inf only but simple disassembly could work) or it may be if HP play the usually big vendor trick of winding everything big and small in together.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nin10do said:
Foxle said:

wait it won't work for the face keys? i thought the quick play button was a face key? how did that work?

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
da_head said:
nin10do said:
Foxle said:

wait it won't work for the face keys? i thought the quick play button was a face key? how did that work?

not really sure what you are asking.
the quick play face key can only be disabled. you can't alter the other media face keys in anyway.
the regular keyboard keys can all be mod'd, e.g. alt+f opens firefox for me, and ctrl+4 sets my volume to 40%.

(i have the HP dv6000 btw)

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nin10do said:
da_head said:
nin10do said:
Foxle said:

not really sure what you are asking.
the quick play face key can only be disabled. you can't alter the other media face keys in anyway.
the regular keyboard keys can all be mod'd, e.g. alt+f opens firefox for me, and ctrl+4 sets my volume to 40%.

(i have the HP dv6000 btw)
oo you can't alter the face keys? well that's a shame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-