I would like to ask you an advice about slot1+slot2 combos card
what i need is a good slot1 and a good slot2 cards
slot1 basically for nds backups
and slot2 for gba+homebrew
i dont want any rumble becouse i dont like roumbles
tongue.gif

some friends suggested me to buy
supercard ds one + superdard lite
both have micro sd so i can have a good amount of space, the slot 1 is good for ds games and slot 2 is good for gba+homebrew
the only sad part is that mu ds is black and both cards are white
tongue.gif

i searched around and many people suggested to use ez 3 in 1 but again i dont want any rumble and this slot 2 card have no SD support or an internal memory for storing gba+homebrew

what do you think? is there a better combo?
also i woudl like to know something about slot2 memory (nor? ram?) i couldnt find any good guides about that
smile.gif

thank you very much!

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you fully understood what you said.
happy.gif
When you said the 3in1 doesn't have any direct SD or Flash support that is because it is not a flash cartridge by definition, it is an EXPANSION PACK. What this means is that the GBA games are stored on your slot 1 card which can have a micro SD slot for storing all your games and with the GBA pack inserted you either have to start a specific application to select what GBA games you want to load or with some special carts that have direct support with the 3in1 meaning you can just launch .GBA files from the slot 1 menu without the use of a special program called "rudolph's 3in1 tool", only cards to have this "direct" support so far are Acekard RPG and EZ Flash V. So in theory, you can have all games stored on micro SD cards and launch them all from your slot 1 with a 3in1 inserted into the slot 2. As for what slot 1 to get it is up to you. Only 2 carts have direct 3in1 support and the others require a program to use the 3in1 but that program isn't a big deal, just takes a bit longer than launching .gba files from the main menu. And about the rumble, it can be turned off, if you despise it so much just turn it off, I am pretty sure all expansion packs include rumble as an added bonus, you can't decline the feature I don't think, and why would you want to, it's not like that will make it any cheaper, the price is for the on board RAM and NOR memory. Just turn the rumble off.

As for what slot 1 to get, I say get whatever you want as all of them have perfect or near perfect ROM compatibility, but the cyclo DS has some exclusive features like slo motion option during gameplay and one of the only 2 flash carts to boast real time save(allows you to save anywhere anytime in game). If you want direct compatibility for your 3in1, you can go AceKard RPG or EZ Flash V. Acekard and Cyclo are pretty expensive with Acekard being $80 and Cyclo around $55.

Wow, that was a lot to type. Ok, I hope I taught you some stuff.
tongue.gif

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As long as you don't need advice on buying a console while ZeWarrior is around, you should be fine.

The Supercard mini is great for homebrew, but only has 90% GBA compatiblity. And the SC One isn't very good compared to the newest slot 1 cards out. For max performance, I suggest:

Cyclo + M3 mini

Rainn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello!
biggrin.gif

thank you very much for your answers!

golden thanks a lot for yor explaination, im a bit nub so sorry if i make any mistake
biggrin.gif

as you both suggested the cyclo then ill go for the cyclo
biggrin.gif
(does it have a good support?)

the m3 mini works good with gba and homebrew? (will it work fine with opera also?)
thank you again a lot! ;D

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would go for the r4! it has proven to be a stable flashcart with good homebrew support and a low price.. the only thing is that it cant have microsd carts bigger than 4gb...

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would go for the r4! it has proven to be a stable flashcart with good homebrew support and a low price.. the only thing is that it cant have microsd carts bigger than 4gb...

You mean 2 GB, because the R4 doesn't work with 4 GB Non-SDHC. And I wouldn't buy one either. The R4 compared to many other carts right now is way too overpriced. I recommend the CycloDS Evolution as well.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you find 30$ overpriced? :S a game is around 50 euros... please don't say overpriced! did you know the prices of the first gba flashcards?

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
you find 30$ overpriced? :S a game is around 50 euros... please don't say overpriced! did you know the prices of the first gba flashcards?
lol its not overpriced.
Maybe he ment that CylcloDS is overpriced
rofl2.gif

to topic:
Anywayz, the R4 really is a stable flashcart, when you remove the spring from V1. Well I dont like the V2 as much I did the old V1, but anywayz still good.
If you just want to play nds and gba games, if you dont care about homebrew, you should get R4 with Ewin expansion.
Both are really cheap, and is excellent choice for GBA/NDS gaming.
(I cant make up my mind about choosing flashcarts, but since you are new, you should get R4 for the begenning I think...)

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
An R4's average price is about 40 dollars + Shipping.

For that same amount of money, you could buy a DSTT at a cheaper price (avg 28 dollars). Also, you could buy a MSDS Real w/ Rumble (same price).

For 10 dollars more you could buy a CycloDS Evolution.

So... why spend on an R4? You could be getting much better flash carts.

[Yes, I know how much the old GBA Linkers; I still remember how much it cost to build one for my SNES back in the day. I'm talking about bang-for-the-buck here. Why push an inferior flashcart onto someone when they can get something better for the same price? It's not smart buying.]

Rainn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks for the advice
smile.gif
i would like to have a card that could support sdhc
so i prefer to avoid R4
biggrin.gif

ill go for cyclo

ah someone of you have M3 real?
is better the m3 real or the cyclo ds?
thank you again!

Rainn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks a lot for your help:)
does the EZFlash IV works good?
ive seen a EZFlash IV lite versione (that should have a black case also)

what about a G6 lite? somone have some infos about it?

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The EZ Flash IV is good. But you need to patch games with a client before you can run them on your DS. And with a slot 1, you don't need an EZPass or anything like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson