fireframe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey guys, just wondering.
I've read it somewhere that boot9strap will enable us to play any outdated flash chart that previously been banned. Is it true?
And if it's true then could we able to patch the AP 2 checking to play 3ds games?
In short, can I use sky3ds blue button to play Pokemon Sun/Moon or any 3ds games that unable to be played in the blue button before?
(yeah i still have the blue button and i thought it would be a waste if i just dump it away)

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys, just wondering.
I've read it somewhere that boot9strap will enable us to play any outdated flash chart that previously been banned. Is it true?
And if it's true then could we able to patch the AP 2 checking to play 3ds games?
In short, can I use sky3ds blue button to play Pokemon Sun/Moon or any 3ds games that unable to be played in the blue button before?
(yeah i still have the blue button and i thought it would be a waste if i just dump it away)

You can already with NTR Launcher or even just intalling the whitelist .cia. Dude, if you have sighax (for b9s) you can play any 3ds game without cartridge...

fireframe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can already with NTR Launcher or even just intalling the whitelist .cia. Dude, if you have sighax (for b9s) you can play any 3ds game without cartridge...
I know dude, i've played those games using the .cia file.
I mean, i could save spaces in my micro sd card if i have some games installed in my flash cart..
It would be better to use them rather then just sell them away with a very low price right?

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
boot9strap in and of itself does nothing to enable you to do anything. In fact, without a secondary program to run via the installed payload, you can't even use the system any more.

If you want to run flashcarts or some other kind of cartridge that the 3DS normally doesn't, well Luma3DS (which is the CFW anyone asking this kind of question will be using honestly) does that by default. If you still can't run your cart, it's most likely the lack of banner doing it. In that case, using TWLoader or one of the older apps might help.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
boot9strap in and of itself does nothing to enable you to do anything. In fact, without a secondary program to run via the installed payload, you can't even use the system any more.

If you want to run flashcarts or some other kind of cartridge that the 3DS normally doesn't, well Luma3DS (which is the CFW anyone asking this kind of question will be using honestly) does that by default. If you still can't run your cart, it's most likely the lack of banner doing it. In that case, using TWLoader or one of the older apps might help.
He's talking about Sky3DS, a 3DS flashcart.

D

Deleted User

I think you are getting it mixed up with a different bootstrap.There is a bootstrap update for the twl that allows old ds flashcards to run,then you have boot9strap which is a different story,since it exploits the 3ds's NAND bootrom.

Last edited by ,

fireframe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
https://gbatemp.net/threads/create-template-for-blue-button-sky3ds-ourself.430142/
That allows you to use newer ap games on the sky3ds blue button if your using luma
Ohh, idk if that's possible before
Thanks a bunch!!

I think you are getting it mixed up with a different bootstrap.There is a bootstrap update for the twl that allows old ds flashcards to run,then you have boot9strap which is a different story,since it exploits the 3ds's NAND bootrom.
Did i? hmm, i'm quite sure that it's boot9strap (since i am on a9lh and considering an update to b9s, i was looking at pros and cons on the thread and someone mention it tho..)

Anw, since banwave is coming.. i should really think about using my old sky3ds to play offline again.. (i personally think it is safer than a9lh) CMIIW..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free