Hardware Asian Version 3DS

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I from Europe. But now I'm living in China. I want to buy a N3DS, and I think that the best option would be this asian version. I already read all the post and still have a doubt: If I use an asian 3DS here is it possible to update the machine and also to download the games from Nintendo eshop? Thanks!

Very Important: Asian 3DS is region lock to USA so you can't play any JPN games
I would strongly recommend you to get a JPN 3DS :) You can have access to more awesome JPN games/contents
After I brought my JPN 3DS, I have practically stop using my Asian/US 3DS set...

If you are buying a JPN set, I would also suggest you to buy MH3G! :) One of the best game ever! I have clock over 400 hours on it :P

Do you read Japanese?

I do understand a little here and there :)
The result of watching too much anime & reading too much manga :D

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, I from Europe. But now I'm living in China. I want to buy a N3DS, and I think that the best option would be this asian version. I already read all the post and still have a doubt: If I use an asian 3DS here is it possible to update the machine and also to download the games from Nintendo eshop? Thanks!

I would strongly recommend you to get a JPN 3DS :) You can have access to more awesome JPN games/contents
After I brought my JPN 3DS, I have practically stop using my Asian/US 3DS set...

If you are buying a JPN set, I would also suggest you to buy MH3G! :) One of the best game ever! I have clock over 400 hours on it :P

Do you read Japanese?

That would make the difference.
For someone who can't read Japanese, playing text heavy Japanese games is a baffling, hard slog.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country

Do you read Japanese?

That would make the difference.
For someone who can't read Japanese, playing text heavy Japanese games is a baffling, hard slog.

You can enjoy MH3G even if you don't understand Japanese :)
The game play is quite simple & easy to undertand
Plus there are lots of online guides around if you really need any help :P
That game alone is enough reason to buy a JPN 3DS! Plus MH4 is on its way to the 3DS :)

CrooJerr

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks everyone for your helpful answers. I think I will get the US version. So this way I will not have any problems to play online, download contents or buying games from eShop. I also could register the machine getting an American account (now I have an European one).

I can't read Japanese, hehehe. So buying a Japanese 3ds would be a problem, cause the most of the games doesn't have English.

That Monster Hunter, I think its US and EU version will be available soon, isn't it?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks everyone for your helpful answers. I think I will get the US version. So this way I will not have any problems to play online, download contents or buying games from eShop. I also could register the machine getting an American account (now I have an European one).

I can't read Japanese, hehehe. So buying a Japanese 3ds would be a problem, cause the most of the games doesn't have English.

That Monster Hunter, I think its US and EU version will be available soon, isn't it?
capcom claimed 'no plans', but there are plenty of rumors about a EUROPEAN localization.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

capcom claimed 'no plans', but there are plenty of rumors about a EUROPEAN localization.
Yeah, so far Monster Hunter 3G has been rumoured to be released in Europe, nothing about it on the US from what I know, but then again, they're just rumours. =3
Right now the NoE has been having some advantages compared to the NoA, like for example the Fire Emblem European localisation and some games that we've been getting earlier (and some other demos too), in terms of online content, besides demos, the the american eshop does have more tittles. There's no real advantage to one or the other nowadays really. =S

Starfighter-Suicune

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone confirm me that the regions available on an asian region 3ds are 1:1 the US region 3ds ones?

I'm asking because I want to fill this list&map here: Click
In case you don't know: This is about the Pokémon Vivillon which has a different wing pattern depending on the country (and if available: state/province/etc.) you set in the system settings.
The problem I have is: In the past someone seemed to have reported wing patterns for Indonesia and Myanmar. But these regions are not setable in any 3DS region, so there can't be pattern for these.
According to a list I found, Indonesia allegedly belongs to the US version, but it wasn't setable on the O3DS I regionchanged for filling this list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1