marcus134

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Today, I'm calling the help of the tempers, my father found this insect inside the house and I would like to know what it is?
We can't really see it on the picture but it has some kind of claw or hook on the tip of its legs.
insect1.jpg
insect2.jpg

I know that entomology isn't the preferred field in the forums, but I'm just curious to see if anyone in the forum has some knowledge on this stuff.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How big is the bug?
And have you found any more like it?
The shells of some insects that get into pesticide react something like that.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Waflix said:
Is it still alive? Because my mother thinks it is this insect, but completely covered in dust.

This actually looks likely. Credit goes to Waflix's mom, of course. Can't say what it was covered in though, looked like someone covered it with frosting...

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
hobo33 said:
Did some searching, and it kinda look like a Masked Hunter bug

Going down to the 2nd pic here would also suggest the same thing

quote from wikipedia:
QUOTEThe masked hunter (Reduvius personatus) is an insect, belonging to the assassin bug (Reduviidae) family. The name refers to the fact that its nymph camouflages itself with dust. The masked hunter is a predator of small arthropods, including woodlice, lacewings, earwigs, and bed bugs.[1] Although they do not feed on human blood, masked hunters can bite humans in self-defence when mishandled. The bite can be very painful, but masked hunters do not transmit any diseases and medical attention is seldom needed.[2]
that seems right on the bull's-eye

marcus134

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Unless somebody brings something else, I believe that hobo33 is right on.

Thank you everybody.

@m3rox, if I wanted to do a troll thread, I would bring something that would cause discord among Tempers, not a bug identification thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.