Gaming Army of Two the 40th Day

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if it does not work with 1.61 (I have no news either) we have 1.6 NS/non stealth which is the better choice right now anyhow.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can anyone explain to me what this wave thing is? If I don't play on xbox live and have no intentions of ever doing so or even connecting my 360 online, I don't need to care about it? I have been away from the 360 for so long
wacko.gif
thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tsk tsk thegame07.

Long story short the 360 iso layout can change as MS include new updates with games, this layout change looks like a bad rip to the inbuilt checks that hacked firmwares have which then shoot it down even though it is legit.
The upcoming LT firmware looks like it will do away with these checks (instead you will have to use ABGX360) and the older firmwares lack them.
You can also bypass the checks by burning a special disc and playing swap disc (I am sure you have seen things like it on other consoles) and on boxing day a hacked version of iextreme 1.6 appeared called iextreme non stealth/NS that acts like the disc is always in there.

That is the quick version, it caused troubles over the last few months though which I summarised in http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=202023

gadgeteduk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there any way to patch this game to work on 1.51 xtreme ive tryed using 4/5 patcher but get update screen when loading game and then it says cant read disc also having same problem now with bioshock 2 thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I say update to 1.6NS- if you are already flashed then you only need a compatible sata chipset to grab the keys if you do not have them.

Anyhow games need a given update to run (that is what waves are all about and going into homebrew what the rebooters were first made for) so if you must wave patch update the system menu offline manually:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemus...stemupdates.htm

"Disc can't be read" I would sooner chalk up to a bad burn.

gadgeteduk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ill try the update see how it goes all games were working up to last weekend when i tryed army of 2 patched im waiting for the benq lt before i reflash but my console is banned and my newer games are patched including mw2 avatar so will i need to use activate iso to play these patched games with 1.61 i cant be messing about with activate disc if i can just patch them .the dirty disc i think is something to do with the patching procedure not sure though ,thanks for your reply

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If your console is already banned or you are running an offline system use 1.6NS- LT requires splitvid unlike 1.6NS (the NS means it always thinks the activate.iso disc has been used beforehand so no need to worry there either).

gadgeteduk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the info ill reflash today with the 1.6ns-lt ,so there is no need for me to wait for the benq lt as that is for gaming online

as for the update that worked also, army of two now boots and plays but bioshock 2 saying dirty disc did use a cheap dl to burn so i guess thats my fault no longer asking for update

cannot find for benq so back to waiting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later